December 2014 Moms

3 month always needs to be in motion?

Okay, my son is almost 3 months old and still cries when he's not being held. He'll go for maybe 5 minutes, if that, in a swing or whatever but that's it. I enjoy this time with him because I know it goes by fast but I just thought maybe he'd have grown out of this a little bit by now? He sleeps great, no complaint there. And really it's not the holding that I'm most confused about. It's the fact that he needs to be held upright and I have to be walking around. If I sit he starts squirming and getting upset. I use a carrier and he likes that but I also make sure we get real arm cuddles too. It's just bizarre to me the way he needs to be in constant motion lol. I don't know if he's bored or what. Has anyone experienced this? I might add that he's naturally really squirmy & in constant motion when not being held. Diaper changes, clothes changes, etc are a battle lol.

Re: 3 month always needs to be in motion?

• I think it must be the age. My LO is 14w and she is the same way only ok with being still when she is asleep. Good luck I hope this stage passed
  • It is that age, our LO tends to be more restless now.  She almost rolled over the other day in her crib.  She got half way there but then go stuck.  We already have put her into the bouncy seat that we were given for our first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"