May 2015 Moms
Options

32 weeks pregnant and sick

ok i have mucus/phlegm build up, sore chest, headache and just weak. best thing to drink and eat that will help and be pregnancy-safe ?

Re: 32 weeks pregnant and sick

• Options
    Aside from checking in with your doctor to see if they have any recommendations or things for you to take, I usually have good luck getting through sickness quicker with lots of vitamin c. Be it through a supplement or loads of citrus fruit. This is just something I found works for me.
  • Options
    Vitamin c, robitussin for cough syrup, cough drops, Vicks vapo rub

Our rescued fur babies, Harley and Maya

Pregnancy%20ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 1/23/14, EDD 10/1/14, M/C 2/13/14 - Forever loved <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My obgyn told me to take robitussin with a Claritin D last week. I was 32 weeks as well, and was diagnosed with a upper viral infection. As always, check with your doctor, but other then that lots of cough drops, Vicks, and rest. Hope you feel better!
  • Options
    I've had a cold for about a week too. I have been taking Benadryl to help sleep which has worked so far. However I am miserable and can't wait for the cold to be over!
  • Options
    I have the same thing :( it is miserable
  • Options
    I am 31wks & I been having the same symptoms my Dr told me to take Tylenol cold & I been taking emergen c is been working I'm already feeling a lot better
  • Options
    I had a severe sinus infection last week and they ended up having to put me on amoxicillan. I would call the Dr there is a lot of sickness going around right now. And certain things they have to treat right away so baby doesn't catch it.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I just caught a cold too after being lucky this whole winter. :( I'm just going to try to drink plenty of fluids and eat well. I dont want to take any meds unless I absolutely have to.
  • Options
    a316ba316b member
    I had bronchitis and influenza b at 31 wks. Ended up with a combo of rx and otc meds as recommended by my doc. Def check in with them.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Drink lots of water. Water clears away mucus. Dairy creates more mucus in your body
  • Options
    I just got over a month long sinus infection. I took everything the doc recommended (mucinex dm, sudafed, tylenol, claritin D) but the only thing that made me feel any relief was drinking copious amounts of pedialyte. I was getting really dehydrated and drinking 1 1/2 gallons of water a day but it didn't cut it like the pedialyte did. I should have gone on antibiotics but by the time I realized I had an infection I was already getting over it. Dr. also told me to drink lots of orange juice but I haven't been able to drink any juices because they give me such bad heartburn. Maybe the Emergen-C is better. Feel better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"