April 2015 Moms
Options

Please read this!

We are having a lot of repeat threads on here again. Please use the search function prior to starting a new one. Common topics that fall into this are mucous plugs, packing hospital bags, having contractions, and who should be in the room when you deliver.
You know it's bad when women start copying and pasting their previous responses.
Also, we are not doctors. If you have a serious medical question such as "is this labor?" or "did my water just break?", please don't ask us, call your doctor instead.

Thank you!

Re: Please read this!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol I don't mind being "rude" every now and then. It has just become ridiculous again. We were doing so well for a while!
  • Options
    I agree. We made it like a whole week! So close!
  • Options
    Thank you! I scroll through the whole first page of posts and find nothing worth reading or commenting on now because it's all the same. Just makes a person snarky, then we become the mean, hormonal bullies. Pfft!
  • Options
    @pignapoke It says you commented, but it didn't show up.
  • Options
    @pignapoke the bump must still hate you ;)
  • Options
    Bump bump bump. This thread needs to be pinned to the top of the board forever!
  • Options
    We should all just take turns bumping this.
  • Options
    Bump bump bumpin' it up!

So I am curious about the proper spelling of "mucus/mucous." I did a Google search earlier and saw "Mucus" plug but "Mucous" membrane. Are there any science smarties on here that can tell me the difference between the 2 words? Just curious.
  • Options
    @keifekm idk but I'm refusing to open the threads about it being orange. Which once again lovely people don't read and make duplicate threads. Ugh.
  • Options
    @keifekm according to a Google search, mucus is a noun and mucous is an adjective. So mucus is secreted through the mucous membrane.
    I always just thought it was like grey and gray. Apparently I've been wrong.
  • Options

@keifekm according to a Google search, mucus is a noun and mucous is an adjective. So mucus is secreted through the mucous membrane.
    I always just thought it was like grey and gray. Apparently I've been wrong.

Haha I hear what you are saying and I am still confused! I guess I would have thought that used with membrane or plug they would both be nouns or descriptors? Crazy! Sorry to have derailed the true reason behind the post AND brought up mucus AGAIN.
  • Options
    I'm struggling, I don't think we need to be Mr. Rogers here, I must agree, I accidentally double posted and apologized immediately, reading the same crap over and over again drives me nuts. But question, I don't see a search bar spot on my app, am I an idiot? (Rhetorical don't answer that!)

I think for myself being a STM sometimes I get annoyed over the silliest question then realize how important every move, feeling or "crisis" was in my eyes for my DD, my how times change second time around! I'm lucky if I remember to eat before I feel light headed!
  • Options
    @amt725 the search bar is at the very bottom of the page when you scroll all the way to the bottom you can search whatever forum you are in. It is admittedly in a very inconspicuous place and it took me ages to notice it myself
  • Options
    @amt725 I don't think it has anything to do with whether you are a FTM, STM or STM+. I'm a FTM and half of these questions that are being asked are obvious, easy to find on google, or questions that are specific to an individual pregnancy and should be answered by the person's doctor.
  • Options
    Bumpity bump bump
  • Options
    lilmama041215lilmama041215 member
    edited March 2015
    Not trying to sound mean or rude but I just saw 2 new boards of threads that I personally made. One of the threads was just a page over so yeah thats a bit frustrating. Not only can you use a search function, but also take the time to look through the pages and look at the different boards and topics.
  • Options
    Is it tacky if I bump my own thread? If it is I apologize, but it's necessary.
  • Options
    It's not tacky at all!
  • Options
    Good thread.
  • Options
    A lot of the posts I see are from new people so I have a feeling they don't read anything they just jump in and make their own post. I'm sooooo done responding on most threads now. Makes me sad :(. But I like that this one is still alive for those of us who can read and search first!
  • Options

People just don't like to listen. There are 1.9k views on this so people are opening it..

• Options
    Haha I love the Cheers reference! It probably is just us coming back, I didn't even think of that!
    I wanted to be a part of the March baby club, but it doesn't seem like that's happening. I'm so ready to be done. We're almost there though!
  • Options
    Bump administration may be a good portion of the views as well. They must be checking in to make sure we are being good...