Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Heartbroken and needing to vent...

I was completely heartbroken to learn that we had miscarried when this was the first pregnancy we tried for, though we do have two beautiful children. My heartbreak is coupled with rage at my doctor though... At 19 weeks my doctor was unable to hear a heartbeat but after doing an ultrasound was so confident she saw a heartbeat that she said she wasn't worried and we should start thinking about names because the next week we would know if it was a boy or girl. At 20 weeks, during the mid-pregnancy ultrasound, we found out that we had lost the baby. That was heartbreaking enough but then we learned the baby had been gone for a money and my body had not recognized it. As I sat waiting to see someone to make arrangements for delivering the baby I began feeling rage. How could my doctor see a heartbeat at 19 weeks when the baby had been gone for 3 weeks at that time. I then delivered my 2 oz baby in labor and delivery while listening to newborn babies cry and hear parents talking on the phone about their new bundle of joy. I still cannot wrap my head around how this doctor could think she saw a heartbeat when the baby was gone. Am I wrong for wanting to call this doctor and tell her how much anger I have for such a big mistake on her part?

Re: Heartbroken and needing to vent...

• Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    I'm so sorry... I can't even imagine. I'd be pissed and upset too.
    I thought the heartbeat could be seen and heard, so it seems odd if the dr. Never heard it too.

I don't know what the right thing to do is, but complaining won't change anything at this point. Now you know, next time go to a different doctor.

Hang in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"