December 2014 Moms
Options

Schedule?

I am going back to work in a few weeks and if I didn't know better my LO can sense it. He's almost 15 weeks and we follow an eat, sleep, play routine that was working well until about a week or so ago. I thought maybe his wake times were increasing, but I'm also thinking he may respond to more of a set schedule. Has anyone else attempted a schedule yet? Please no judgements if you're opposed to babies on any kind of schedule, thanks!

Re: Schedule?

• Options
    Could be the 4 month sleep regression... My LO was pretty good at following schedule until last week also :(
  • Options
    My LO is 12 weeks, we just now got on a schedule and I go back to work next week :(. Every night I've just been going upstairs at 8:30 and rocking him to sleep, he normally wakes up at 1:30 and than 5am. Which is when we will be getting up for work. Normally he goes back to sleep til 8am. Than he naps at 10 til 11, 1 til 2, 4 til 5. Than he normally stays up til he's super cranky at 8pm.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you sending him to daycare when you return to work? It might benefit you to learn what kind of schedule they have and try to start it now. No sense in getting him on a schedule that is just going to change in a few weeks. Most daycares at least have a set naptime they would probably appreciate your LO taking a nap during.
  • Options
    CandEChicagoCandEChicago member
    edited March 2015
    DreDreM said:

I am going back to work in a few weeks and if I didn't know better my LO can sense it. He's almost 15 weeks and we follow an eat, sleep, play routine that was working well until about a week or so ago. I thought maybe his wake times were increasing, but I'm also thinking he may respond to more of a set schedule. Has anyone else attempted a schedule yet? Please no judgements if you're opposed to babies on any kind of schedule, thanks!

Yep...your baby is plotting against you...just like mine is plotting against me. ;)

With regards to a schedule the most consistent things I have noticed is he likes a 6:30am feeding, 2pm feeding, 5:30pm feeding, and all the rest vary. I figure when I need him on a set schedule the simpler I can make it the better. (Ie. Out the door to daycare a X time)

Test
  • Options
    My little guy is 12 weeks and he sleeps through the night, thankfully!  I returned to work this past Monday and my mom is watching him for me.  He seems to enjoy the schedule we've been working on for the past couple of weeks.  I know it may change at some point but it works for now! He eats every 4 hours and naps about 2 hours after every bottle.

Wakes 7:45am
    Eats 8am
    Naps ~10a-11a

Eats 12pm
    Naps ~ 2p-4p

Eats 4pm
    Naps ~6p-7:30p

Eats 8pm (bedtime bottle)
    Bedtime 9:30p

He sleeps from around 9:30pm until around 7:45am... I consider myself a very lucky mommy!
  • Options
    We are one of those that tend to let our children set their own schedules.  We have my mom coming to babysit this Saturday while we celebrate FIL's 60th birthday at a real haunted house in our town.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm feeling spoiled right now that my LO eats around 9:30-10:00, then will sleep through until 4:00 and wake for the day around 7:30. We let him set the schedule, so I'm not looking forward to him changing his mind any time soon!
    William Ross 12/22/14 (32+5 HELLP) EDD 2/11/15
  • Options
    "Moms on call" is amazing! My baby sleeps from 8:30pm to 7am solid and he is 13 weeks. Seriously changed my life. They have a book and an iPhone app with a schedules for different ages in weeks..check them out and you will not be disappointed!!
  • Options
    We're using the cloudmom schedule. My baby never naps for the "scheduled" 1.5 hours, but I find that staying somewhat on the 3 hour cycle (feed, play, sleep) REALLY has helped me predict what he wants. I was going nuts feeding on demand. He was spitting up a ton and was just mad at life. I've heard it's different for other babies. He has some bumps here and there, so I'm never too strict with the schedule. I definitely allow room for my instinct!
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image