March 2015 Moms
Options

Heart Rate Drop

so, 40+2 today. Just left the midwife and everything looks good. But I'm curious if anyone else experienced this before they delivered. Baby's heart beat has very consistently been about 150s every single appointment until this one. She said 130s. I was concerned at first but was told as long as it's above 120 there is nothing to worry about. That sometimes their heart rate slows as they get closer to birth as maturity sets in.

Anyway! Just thought maybe it's a sign?! #hopeful haha

Re: Heart Rate Drop

• Options
    Yes, also heard it slows closer to birth. Also depends on baby's activity level. If baby is moving around before the heartbeat is read than it's higher
  • Options
    very normal - another way to test how is baby doing is poke and verify responsiveness. but slowing down i would take as a good sign too!! fingers crossed...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I went to my appointment the night my water broke my LO's heart beat dropped to 130 when it was 160 the week before... It goes down so hopefully it's a good sign for you!!
  • Options
    We went in for a non stress test this weekend because I wasn't feeling little girl as much. Her heart rate was in the 130s while sleeping and would accel up to the 150s. Earlier in pregnancy she was pretty consistently 150. The L&D nurse said the heart rate slows a bit closer to birth. Contact your midwife if you're worried, but I was told that's normal.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    klcarr19 said:

When I went to my appointment the night my water broke my LO's heart beat dropped to 130 when it was 160 the week before... It goes down so hopefully it's a good sign for you!!

Oh I hope so!!!
  • Options
    At my last OB-GYN appointment, the doctor told me after week 38 they want the baby's heart rate to be between 130 and 140. So I'd say you're right on target!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"