March 2015 Moms

Scheduled Cesareans while sick?

I've been so sick the last couple of days. Still am. Swollen/sore throat, can barely speak, coughing, stuffy nose, & mild headache - assuming a cold. So I got herbal cough suppressants, emergenC & periodically take Tylenol. I have my husband on emergenC and am earths best pouches full of fruits and vitamins for my 11mo old in attempt for them to not catch it.
I am scheduled to have a cesarean on Monday. Do those make you become sicker? Does anyone have any tips other than EOs? Can't afford them until next month. Thanks!

Re: Scheduled Cesareans while sick?

• I don't think it'll make you "sicker" however personally I wouldn't want to undergo a medical procedure like surgery while my immune system is compromised. This is purely a personal opinion and personal belief. I would do all I could to reschedule if I wasn't better by Monday.

That all being said... The only thing that helps a cold is lots of rest, lots of water, fresh air, vitamin d from the sun, vitamin c, maybe some probiotics, eating super healthy... Meat and veggies. Try and cut out all diary (that makes congestion worse), sugars, and simple carbohydrates.

Sorry you aren't feeling well! I was sick with a cold not too long ago too. Seems everyone is sick right now :(
  • I had bronchitis when I delivered DS. Only thing is the meds they give you are not good for nursing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"