March 2015 Moms
Options

Scared FTM :/

Did anyone seriously think they were going to die while giving birth? I know this sounds so stupid and irrational, but I knew a girl who did actually die giving birth. So now I just can't get it out of my head that it will happen to me too. Ugh.

Re: Scared FTM :/

• Options
    awww ...
    this is pretty normal. i think it's a time where we really just begin to sense how precious life is. and also it's easy to start worrying about mortality b/c from now on your are basically responsible for someone else'... 
    plus with you having the pain of personal experience, it doesn't seem as stupid/irrational as it may to some. Try and read some peaceful birth stories. I often visualize myself at a far off event - my daughter's wedding, graduation, becoming a grandma, etc - and focus on that image when I feel myself slipping into worry wort land. Wish I could give you a hug - but please know you're not alone! and as trite as it may sound, everything really is going to be okay. <3
  • Options
    I am totally afraid of dying during delivery. It's a real struggle of being excited about baby girl's upcoming delivery and worrying that I'm counting down to death. You're not alone! I've been trying to visualize birth as the much less scary and more likely option - a beautiful experience with healthy mom and baby in the end. But I'm still freaked out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's a scary and daunting unknown to be sure! Even as a second time mom I get very anxious about it because every delivery is different. I had such a great first experience im worried I'm going to experience the polar opposite this time. :(

That being said! Women rarely die these days from labor and delivery. Our medical advancements have made it super rare and that's great! It's likely the girl you knew had something extremely rare happen. I mean, this may or may not make you feel better but think about all the "routine" medical things we have done... Wisdom teeth removal for example. I'm sure there have actually been deaths from that procedure .. But no one ever even thinks about that because it's just so normal. It's just a freak thing. freak things happen sometimes, but they are so so far from normal that they don't really count haha.

Labor and delivery is a natural process that our bodies are designed for. Sometimes things go wrong, but that's what we have our doctors for. :) just keep thinking about that precious baby you're going to get to hold! And keep yourself super distracted , read positive birth stories , keep busy.. Don't ever give yourself time to just sit and dwell on the "possibilities" because believe me, I would be an anxious mess right about now if I let myself ponder the potential .. Haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"