Baby Showers

Baby Shower successful --What all did you get and what do you have left to get

Hi everyone,

Had my 2nd baby shower this past weekend!! It was great!! I was wondering what all did you all get for your shower gifts and what else do you need??. We mainly got clothes (0-3 mths, 3-9 mths, and some 12 mths). We did however get a couple of newborn outfits, but not many. So glad there were not duplicate clothing that I had already purchased....LOL, We have a good bit of bibs and socks too. Other things we got besides clothing were pack n play (We may take back and upgrade), 2 diaper bags, a couple of bottles, burp cloths, wash cloths, 2 hooded towels, receiving blankets, body wash and other toiletries,, bobby pillow, socks, tons of blankets, wipes, diapers, pacifiers, we got a monitor (we may take back, its basic we want one with camera) and nursery accessories. 

We already had before shower: Crib, mattress, bassinet, and car seat and stroller

Still need to get bottles, laundry detergent, accessories for nursery(not necessity), breast bump accessories,  would like a glider, 0-3 sleepers, shorts to wear with onesies, glider/swing/bouncer, bottle nipples, would like infant carrier, monitor, and high chair 

Are these necessary?

Bottle warmers, drying rack, diaper pail (I kinda want

Re: Baby Shower successful --What all did you get and what do you have left to get

• AmstreagleAmstreagle member
    edited March 2015
    I apologize. I realize you must have meant 2nd shower as a second group for your first. The way I read it was a shower for a second child.
  • Loading the player...
  • None of the baby stuff is really nessesary to tell you the truth. We never got a highchair and bought a hook on booster seat that goes on a regular chair. It was much more affordable. I would look at buying that second hand though. Bottle warmer, I didn't use much, you can run a bottle under hot water or stick one in a crock pot (that's what the daycare does). Drying rack and diaper pail I used a lot and they aren't that expensive. Even though it is used only for a short time, the bouncy seat is worth getting. It is a lifesaver! (Strap baby in and you can take a quick shower while watching them) Baby carrier or sling is great even for walking around the house hands free. Baby's go through a clingy phase and won't let you put them down. You don't need everything right away either. You can't use a highchair until they can sit up etc. so you can take your time and buy things as needed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"