Third-Party Reproduction
Options

*third-party reproduction check-in* march 21st

mm29mm29 member
edited March 2015 in Third-Party Reproduction
This weekly check-in is for anyone using/considering or who has used a 3rd party method of reproduction, including: Donor egg, donor sperm, embryo adoption, gestation carrier, or surrogate - also Donors, GC's and surrogates are welcome as well! If you don't check-in for 3 weeks you'll be removed from the list but we'll happily add you back next time you check in! 

Sorry for dropping the ball earlier this week!! 

*PLEASE NOTE: Board etiquette - please post a warning in message with BFPs announcements.

Check-In: How is it going? What are your next steps? 

QOTW: It's the first week of spring.  Hooray!!  What are you looking forward to the most this season?  

Currently Cycling/Scheduled
@2MamazInSeattle – DEg/DS – TTC # 2  –  In the dreaded 2WW.  Wishing you so much luck!! 
@mm29 – DEg/DS – I'm not sure if I shared.  Started Lupron on 3/21.  Tentative transfer 4/23. 
@chicagobride07 – DEg – FET #5 - Beta  was March 19.  FX you have some good news to share!!

Waiting to Cycle
@Lacyj67 – DEg – Has AF has shown her ugly face. What has your RE said about everything? I'm so happy to hear the adoption is going well. FX for everything!!
@Km672 – DEg/DS – on a break, consulted Dr. KK. 
@Jzyla - GL on your research for cycling overseas.  
@Love4Labs326 – DEm/IP-GS – Welcome back!! Good luck with your new path!
@smedina8 - IP-GS – Welcome!!! 
@refeek1 – DEg – FET #3= c/p (((Huge hugs)))  I hope your RE had some answers at your WTF.
@Thespis7 – DS – IUI #6-BFN  (((Huge hugs)))

Donors/GC’s/Surrogates
@CinciSurro – GC – EDD 8/4/15! You haven't checked in for a while. Any updates?

Pregnant!
@1220winterbride – DEg – EDD 5/25/15 - It’s a GIRL!!! 
@IRR - IP-GC -EDD 7/23/15  - It’s a GIRL!!! 
@RunCC37 – DEg – EDD 8/4/15. One beautiful little fighter!! Congrats on graduating!!
@CinciSurro – GC – BFP!! EDD 8/4/15. Twins. Congratulations x2!!
@KevinandJesse – IP-GC -EDD 7/19/15. Welcome!! GL with your u/s 
@ceemonkey – DEg/DS – BFP!!  FX this is it for you!!  U/S 3/27, wishing you so much luck!!
Parenting
@BeckyP005 – DEg – Baby Girl was born 02/3/15! Congratulations!! 
@DoublePortion – DEm – Boy/Girl twins born on 6/30/14! 
@e74 – DEm – Twin boys born in 2013!
@Lacyj67 – DEg – Parenting foster son! Baby G
@2MamazinSeattle – DEg/DS – Baby Simone Louise born on 8/21/14!!
@datingbettyboop – IP-GC – Baby Girl was born 02/10/15! Congratulations!! 
::: Married June 2003:::
TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
IVF# 4= c/p
***CCRM ODWU***
Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
***New RE***
DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
imageimage image 

Re: *third-party reproduction check-in* march 21st

• Options
    Hi ladies. I go tomorrow for iui #7. I met with RE this week and if this doesn't work I will need to move to ivf. Just trying to stay positive and praying this works.

Qotw: I am looking forward to sitting by my pool with a good book.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    GL tomorrow @Thespis7!

SAIF Always Welcome
    TTC #1 since Fall 2008
    High FSH, Sertoli Cell Only Syndrome
    Unsuccessful with my OE, moving to DE + DS
    DE + DS IVF #1: Dec 2012 - BFP, nothing at first u/s 
    DE + DS IVF #2: 3/14/13 - c/p
    DE + DS IVF #3: 7/12/13 - BFP! Finally! No heartbeat at 7w1d.
    DE + DS IVF #4: 5/16/14 - BFN
    DE + DS IVF #5: 9/3/14 - BFP at 5.5dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 9dp5dt: 438; hb of 133 at 6w5d, no hb at 7w1d
    DE + DS IVF #6: 3/3/15 - BFN on HPTs through 7dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 8dp5dt: 19, Beta 2 @ 10dp5dt: 76, nothing at u/s

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky 
  • Options
    mm29mm29 member
    ceemonkey Hooray!!!!!  Remind me is your RE administering intralipids or doing anything different this time vs. your last cycle?  Please keep us updated with your u/s.  

Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 

imageimage image 
  • Options
    @ceemonkey sending you positive thoughts!!
  • Options
    @mm29 no, but in addition to the Lovenox this cycle they did add in Trental up to the day of transfer. It is supposed to help with the circulation of blood.

SAIF Always Welcome
    TTC #1 since Fall 2008
    High FSH, Sertoli Cell Only Syndrome
    Unsuccessful with my OE, moving to DE + DS
    DE + DS IVF #1: Dec 2012 - BFP, nothing at first u/s 
    DE + DS IVF #2: 3/14/13 - c/p
    DE + DS IVF #3: 7/12/13 - BFP! Finally! No heartbeat at 7w1d.
    DE + DS IVF #4: 5/16/14 - BFN
    DE + DS IVF #5: 9/3/14 - BFP at 5.5dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 9dp5dt: 438; hb of 133 at 6w5d, no hb at 7w1d
    DE + DS IVF #6: 3/3/15 - BFN on HPTs through 7dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 8dp5dt: 19, Beta 2 @ 10dp5dt: 76, nothing at u/s

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky 
  • Options
    mm29mm29 member
    edited March 2015
    ceemonkey said:

@mm29 no, but in addition to the Lovenox this cycle they did add in Trental up to the day of transfer. It is supposed to help with the circulation of blood.

I hope that is the change you needed for your THB!!

@Thespis7 GL tomorrow!
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    ***New RE***

imageimage image 
  • Options
    refeek1refeek1 member
    edited March 2015

@mm29-  That is exciting!  I'm glad everything is working out!

@Thespis7-  Good luck today!  Lucky #7!

@ceemonkey-  I have my fingers crossed for you!

AFM:  Nothing much will change for my next cycle.  Since it was a chemical, my RE thinks it was the embryo, not my uterus so the protocol will be the same.  I just got a bill yesterday for the storage of my embryos.  I only have the 2 left and they will be transferred in a couple of months, so I'm hoping they will prorate the fee. 

QOTW:  I love spring.  I'm looking forward to planting a garden.

ETA:  Changed my answer to the QOTW

TTC #1 since May 2010

OE IVF #1  9/2/13 Cancelled- poor response

DE IVF #1 3/12/14- BFP 3/17/14- ectopic, right tube removed 4/11/14 @ 7 weeks

DE FET #1 7/3/14-Transferred 2 5AA 6 day embryos Beta 7/13/14 BFN

DE FET #2 9/5/14-Transferred 2 4BB 5 day embryos Beta 9/15/14 BFN

DE FET #3 in December- Cancelled, didn't respond to meds

DE FET #3 (2nd try) 2/13/15- Transferred 1 4BB and 1 4BA 5 day embryos Beta 2/23/15  BFN again (CP)

DE FET #4 - last 2 frosties....5/22/15- Transferred 1 4BA embryo...only one frostie thawed properly.  Beta scheduled for 6/1-  BFN (beta 2, 2.81, 6, 23, 49.4) 6/15/15 Discovered ectopic in left tube.  Methotrexate given. Moving on to a new donor. Hoping to transfer by the end of the year.

Cant find a donor that is healthy and available.  Looking at being happy with just the two of us.

• Options

Unfortunately another BFN for me.  I think we are very close to the end of the road, if not already there.  Both RE's I have cycled with don't seem to have any additional options or tweaks to what I've already done before.  Dr. KK only suggests adding IVIG, which is not covered by my insurance.  My last NK test came back only mildly elevated (and this was before prednisone and intralipids) so I have a hard time believing that would be the magic bullet.

Probably only a 10% chance we will go further with this, and if we do, we will probably take a few months break.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    e74e74 member
    @chicagobride_07 , I'm so sorry... Lots of thoughts and prayers for you.
    DS#1 born 9/23/06 
    Twins DS#2 and 3 born at 31 weeks, 3 days due to a short cervix on 8/2/13.
  • Options
    Thespis7Thespis7 member
    edited March 2015
    @chicagobride_07 Praying for you.
  • Options
    @mm29 good luck that's excited you get to go ahead sooner!!! Hoping this is the one for you!
    @ceemonkey congrats! Fx everything moves ahead smoothly! Try and stay distracted this week!!
    @chicagobride_07 so sorry. The end is very best for me too and it's very sad and confusing! I wish you the best of luck!

AFM: still nothing on my end but I am going to call the dr this week and see why I dont get periods anymore. My body is so confused from years of ivf meds and has no idea what to do on its own. This has been my longest break since starting all this over three yes ago and I just don't feel myself. All this past week I've been having weird Breast pain that is hard to describe... So I need to go see my obgyn... It's been a while since I had a pap like two years so I'm going. To schedule that too. I still really would like to use our last two embryos in storage but my body has to behave and do what it's told first!! Grrr
    QOTW: I love spring and all my flowers are starting to look awesome! We love to swim
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Options
    Km672Km672 member
    @ceemonkey- wow! I hope this is it for you!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

@refeek1 - so sorry about the chemical. I hope you can transfer your last 2 soon!!

@chicagobride_07 - I'm so very sorry. Take good care of yourself and your family.
    Sending you a pm-

@ lacyj67- thinking of you.. I hadn't had a period since our last failed cycle in October and then I bled heavily for an entire month. My body was really screwed up. My gyn had offered me provera in Dec, but I didn't want to take anymore hormones, I regret that decision! Hope everything checks out ok and you can move on with your FET.

Update-
    I had my KK follow up. She found lots to work on. Basically, she feels I need lovenox, baby aspirin, prednisone, metformin. She found + APAs (were tested and neg a year and a half ago), +PAI-1 gene, she suspects I have mild PCOS with my DOR, mildly elevated NK cells (with increased CD5 & B1 cells) , increased T helper 1 cells...

Eee... Seems like a lot. I guess I just feel like we only did 1 cycle (FET of 1 embryo) with immune treatment and given all of this new info, I can't help but feel like we need to try again.

Qotw- I feel like spring will never come...
    Still piles of dirty snow everywhere and it's freezing and windy in MA.

I miss being able to be outside and doing yard work and grilling. I hope it warms up soon!!

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Options

Thanks, ladies for all the support.  I really need it!

@km672, you've got a PM too.

@lacyj67, that has happened to me too, a few times along the road.  I think the longest I let it go was like 3 months before calling my RE.  In my case, he said it was due to lingering high estrogen levels.  Each time, he had me do a shot of PIO, and told me my period would follow in 5-7 days (and it always did).  I did this before starting my (only) successful cycle with my daughter back in 2012, so it didn't impact the cycle or cause a negative outcome, etc.

Best of luck to everyone.  Congratulations, @ceemonkey!

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    mm29mm29 member
    @refeek1 - ((Huge hugs)))  so sorry about the chemical. I hope you do not have to wait too long for your next transfer. 
    @chicagobride_07 - I'm so very sorry.  Hang in there! 
    @ lacyj67-  You are always in my thoughts.  After my last cycle AF was MIA for three months.  I hope you RE has some answers and you can move on with your FET.
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    ***New RE***

imageimage image 
  • Options
    @ceemonkey- wow! I hope this is it for you!! Keeping you in my thoughts! 

@refeek1 - sorry (hugs). I hope you can transfer your last 2 soon!!

OMG @MM29 FX!

@chicagobride_07 - I'm sorry. praying for you.

@lacyj67  thinking of you

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"