C-sections

Band after c-section

I had a surprise C-section with my first I'm now pregnant with my second. I plan on having a C-section again. I've had friends talk about corset type things or waistbands that they wore after their C-section and I would like to try at this time. It sounds like it helps with the recovery. Does anyone have a brand or type suggestion?

Re: Band after c-section

• I didn't have one for my first, but was given one in the hospital for my second. I do think it helped while I was in the hospital, but didn't really use it much after I was home. As to brand, can't help you there. It was whatever the hospital gave me. I would ask if that's something yours would do (I gave birth at the same hospital for both, so no idea why I wasn't privided one the first time around).
  • I had 2 C-sections and the hospital gave me one after each. I wore them for almost a month and loved it. I don't have any brand recommendations, because I never shopped for one myself, but I would say ask the hospital for one and if you like the tightness but not the feel, because of fabric or height, get another brand.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope my hospital stocks them. Was not mentioned or offered the first time. I think I'll ask my OB because I would way prefer an actual medical one than something I can buy in amazon. Thanks ladies.
  • I was never offered one, but the nurse handed me one when I asked. It definitely helped with the recovery, and with the post baby belly. Once the hospital one didn't fit, I wore a Belly Bandit. I could wear all my pre pregnancy clothes by 4 weeks. Was it uncomfortable? Yes. DH wrapped me in it every morning as tight as I could stand it. But I've seen some friends who lived in baggy clothes for the first 8 weeks, and their bellies were never the same. It wasn't a risk I was willing to take.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm having a planned and did a ton of research on belly bandit - I think it's the route I'm going to take even though some people have said that you may have to buy 2 as your waist gets smaller in size.
  • vpinevpine member
    I had bought one at Motherhood Maternity but the hospital provided me one. I wore it for 4 weeks (day and night). I recommend it
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Ask the hospital for one. I got my band the last day at the hospital. It helped me so much! I am two weeks postpartum with my first c-section and have wore my band every day, except one since being home. It is wonderful!!!!