Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

No more bottles

DD is 15 months now and we finally made the switch off bottles yesterday. But she won't drink milk from a sippy cup at all. Any suggestions?

Re: No more bottles

• Options
    Try different cups, or even straw cups. Kids don't actually NEED milk though. It's good for them, but it isn't 100% necessary so try different cups but don't stress about her milk intake. She will catch on eventually. Make sure she's getting the nutrients from other sources.
  • Options
    So we started out cold turkey but then kind of reverted. So we are now doing bottles in the morning and evening but Tippys during the day. Our daughter wont do milk from a tippy either, just water. I am going to try out Almond milk and see if the sweet flavor gets her interested. Otherwise just keep trying different things. Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My DD did best with an open cup with a built-in straw for milk and did OK.  Mainly she ate other dairy products: cheese, yogurt, etc.  My son (16m today) is using the sippy cup but doesn't drink much (with me, more with DCP) - I probably need to up his alternate dairy intake some.

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

At first my son had a hard time with sippy cups too. The only cup he would drink from is the "learner cups" at first. If you havent tried this yet , it might be worth a shot :)   https://www.target.com/p/nuk-10oz-learner-sippy-cup/-/A-14908345#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=learner+cup .

• Options

At first my son had a hard time with sippy cups too. The only cup he would drink from is the "learner cups" at first. If you havent tried this yet , it might be worth a shot :)   https://www.target.com/p/nuk-10oz-learner-sippy-cup/-/A-14908345#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=learner+cup .

I have that exact cup! But I have the baby nipple on it and DS will drink from it. Maybe I could just switch out the nipple to a sippy spout and see if he goes for it. DS daycare enforces sippy cup only in his toddler class and he'll drink fine there but at home he refuses. Maybe I can transition that way at home. Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"