November 2013 Moms

Screaming Toddler

Hello my E has recently learned how to scream. She does it constantly when she doesn't get her way or even for attention. I'm wondering if anyone else's 16 month old is doing this? I'm sure they are, it just scares me that she gets so frustrated and screams at such a young age.

Re: Screaming Toddler

• My DS doesn't scream, but defnitely starts crying/having a bit of a tantrum in the same situations.   I think it's normal, but if anyone out there has advice on how to navigate this I'm sure we'd both appreciate it! 
  • We have like 10 iPad related tantrums every day, because she figured out how to use it and now she wants to play with it all the time. I know it will pass eventually but this she is rough for screaming and tantrums
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. It has actually calmed down in the past couple days. This "toddler" stuff snuck up on me.
  • JAG13JAG13 member
    Just started experiencing this as well at 18 months. The tantrums sort of came out of the blue and I have definitely noticed a temper developing! Yikes! Our pediatrician suggested starting time-outs for short periods. Maybe put a carpet square or something soft down somewhere so they can't get hurt. It would just be a spot that they would learn that when they are on that they don't get attention for being bad. Then when they are off, they get attention for being good. I sort of blew off the suggestion at his last appointment because I didn't feel I had a need to start that yet, but then all this started and may have to give it a try.
    I'm definitely interested in other suggestions or techniques as well though!