Trying to Get Pregnant

7 days after last Clomid still no +OPK

My RE put my on a 50mg round of Clomid. I finished the last pill 7 days ago and have yet to get a positive OPK. Gah! so frustrating!
Does anyone know if I am correct in the fact that it can take up to 10 days post Clomid for a surge (assuming the Clomid successful). I am aware that getting a surge
doesn't mean that I will necessarily ovulate. 
I see all the posts of 2WW. Never thought I would envy those ladies lol! 

Any info or support would greatly be appreciated.

C Jo
****************************************************************************************************

Re: 7 days after last Clomid still no +OPK

• Please tell me your RE is monitoring you more than OPKs
  • I have an appointment later today (for what all I am not certain). I was monitored closely prior to the start of Clomid. Honestly since starting the medication I have not been asked to go in for any testing. 
    ****************************************************************************************************
  • Loading the player...
  • Call your RE and ask for an ultrasound of your ovaries.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• @theborg I imagine that is what the appointment today is for. I will definitely request it if that is not the case when I go in.
    Thank you for the advice
  • @theborg I imagine that is what the appointment today is for. I will definitely request it if that is not the case when I go in.

Thank you for the advice
    Opks aren't reliable when you're on clomid. Just trust the doctor. What cycle day are you?
    My TTC History:
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)

My Charts since 2009

• CD 15 
  • CD 15 

That's a little later than I would expect for a first ultrasound. Hopefully, you haven't already ovulated. Let us know how big and how many follies you have when you get back. Are you doing a trigger shot? Are you doing IUI or timed sex?
    My TTC History:

My Charts since 2009

• I will post when I know. No trigger shot. Just timed sex. DH never miss more than a day (not just for TTC, is our norm). 

• TCOYF suggests trying ever other day if every day isn't working for you. Good luck today.
    My TTC History:

My Charts since 2009

• Havent gone to doc appointment today yet...but just got a positive OPK :) I sure hope I actually ovulate! Time to get busy ;);)  
  • @LoveLucy0413
    What happened? I'm curious to know about your follicles. Is that creepy?

You shouldn't really be relying on opks for a clomid cycle. You could over respond and have way too many follies. If that's the case, you should not be having sex. I had 4 follies my first time and I was scared i'd have to have triplets or a selective abortion. So I cancelled. You could also get cysts. We just had a poster who had to go to the ER because her doc didn't check. The RE should also check your uterine lining, because clomid can thin it and he can give you meds to try to help.
    My TTC History:

My Charts since 2009

• I only ovulated on CD23 with my first cycle on 50mg. I now have the 2WW. How did you appointment go, was ovulation confirmed?
  • I am on my first round of clomid (100mg) and I typically have a shorter luteal phase. I am curious to see how your appointment went. :)
    Me: 24  DH: 25
    Married 2010
    TTC #1
    PCOS