Trouble TTC

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

My husband and I have been TTC for 4.5 months now and I am getting seriously depressed. I was on birth control for 11 years and came off in November 2014. Cycle has adjusted and was 30 days and now usually I get a 1 day period and then it's done. Cycle is 25 days to 27 days now. The last 3 periods have been so minimal I actually took a Test to see if I was pregnant. This is the first month with BBT and my body was declining and the last two days has been higher but staying the same temp for 2 days. OPK's have been tested last month and only 1 day was it at all noticeable that I possibly ovulated. This last week I've been taking them and nothing so Far. Is there a time to take them? I've read different things. Says I'm fertile this week and my periods due April 4th or so. Any suggestions?? Help :(

Answers

• It can take 6 months after you stop taking the bill for your cycle to adjust. If you haven't been to your OB yet make an appointment and discuss with the doctor. Depending on your age, they may order prelim fertility tests. Don't get depressed this is common!
    Me: 37 / Hubs: 42
    TTC: April 2013
    DOR: AMH .3 - 1.31 (it varies); FSH: 5.1
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
    IVF #1 Sep/Oct Microdose Lupron Protocol - IVF cancelled only 1 follicle
    IVF #2 Feb/Mar Antagonist protocol w/estrogen priming - 0 eggs retrieved (empty follicle syndrome) 
    Donor Egg Cycle as soon as we find a match
  • I have been and she said everything looks good. Haven't been for blood work yet. I am turning 28 this year. Any advice for TTC??
  • Loading the player...
  • It took my husband and I 3 years to get pregnant. i later on realized that stress was the factor in causing us to take so long. I was stressing over not being pregnant to family issues and even work. Once I stopped caring about all those factors and just accepted my life as it was I got pregnant in no time. Plus it takes the average couple 1 year to get pregnant so just enjoy this time.
  • csy2947csy2947 member
    edited April 2015
    DrthVdr said:

sslager said:

It took my husband and I 3 years to get pregnant. i later on realized that stress was the factor in causing us to take so long. I was stressing over not being pregnant to family issues and even work. Once I stopped caring about all those factors and just accepted my life as it was I got pregnant in no time. Plus it takes the average couple 1 year to get pregnant so just enjoy this time.

THIS IS AWFUL ADVICE.  Shame on you.  Infertility is a real medical condition.  Stress has nothing to do with it.  NOTHING.  There is nothing enjoyable about doctor's visits, needles, expensive medication, etc. etc.  STOP IT.  This is so offensive.  
    child mentioned**

I went through many rounds of infertility treatments that put my body, sanity and marriage under a lot of stress (truthfully no one goes into infertility treatments for fun, suckiest thing ever). You are correct that with some conditions stress is irrelevant but the month we had success was during a 3 month break and I was truly much more relaxed and really feel that for me (PCOS/unexplained) it was a factor. Anytime anyone said that to me when I was in the thick of it I wanted to punch them in the face but I think for some (key word some) women stress is genuinely a factor. Of course it's kind of useless advice because stress is not something you can turn off on demand! In fact when people would say that to me it would make me MORE stressed about the fact that I was stressed out so something to keep in mind but not to obsess over.
  • csy2947   I have to weigh in and say that no science has ever proven that stress is a factor of infertility. Women get pregnant in concentration camps, all around the world enslaved women are impregnated, women who are beaten daily through domestic violence get pregnant all the time.  Worrying about our daily situations which are comfortable by comparison is not going to make us more infertile.

The 'stress factor' is a myth that perpetuates misinformation and twists the knife to infertile women who already are understandably stressed. Sometimes stress causes us to take poor care of ourselves, the idea is not to 'stop worrying' but to take care of ourselves regardless of how we feel.

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• I also have been trying for 5 months. It's frustrating, tiring, consumes your mind but I believe that sometime it will happen. Yes I will go to my doctor at the 1 year mark and I will do testing. From what I've read, it's common to take many tries to get pregnant. It just sucks when you finally make that decision to start trying, it's not instantaneous. If anything, not getting pregnant has taught me that my husband and I are ready for a baby. Keep your head up and keep having sex!
  • csy2947 said:

DrthVdr said:

sslager said:

It took my husband and I 3 years to get pregnant. i later on realized that stress was the factor in causing us to take so long. I was stressing over not being pregnant to family issues and even work. Once I stopped caring about all those factors and just accepted my life as it was I got pregnant in no time. Plus it takes the average couple 1 year to get pregnant so just enjoy this time.

THIS IS AWFUL ADVICE.  Shame on you.  Infertility is a real medical condition.  Stress has nothing to do with it.  NOTHING.  There is nothing enjoyable about doctor's visits, needles, expensive medication, etc. etc.  STOP IT.  This is so offensive.  
    child mentioned**

I went through many rounds of infertility treatments that put my body, sanity and marriage under a lot of stress (truthfully no one goes into infertility treatments for fun, suckiest thing ever). You are correct that with some conditions stress is irrelevant but the month we had success was during a 3 month break and I was truly much more relaxed and really feel that for me (PCOS/unexplained) it was a factor. Anytime anyone said that to me when I was in the thick of it I wanted to punch them in the face but I think for some (key word some) women stress is genuinely a factor. Of course it's kind of useless advice because stress is not something you can turn off on demand! In fact when people would say that to me it would make me MORE stressed about the fact that I was stressed out so something to keep in mind but not to obsess over.
    Let me be clear - stress is not a condition.  There is no condition in which stress causes infertility. Glad it happened for you, but that is a coincidence, which is actually different from science.