April 2014 Moms

Bath and Books

What are you reading and what are you playing with in the tub? I figured I would put these two together since its kinda our bedtime routine in total! ;0) 

I want to buy my LO a few books that she will have for a while and some bath toys that will encourage her to play on her own. Thanks! ;0) 

Re: Bath and Books

• LO's favorite book is Brown Bear. I just recently bought her a book called The Bedtime Prayer. She loves it! As far as the bath, she's a simple girl and loves her rubber duckies.
  • We read "time for bed" every night. I love it and the illustrations will be fun to find things in as LO gets older. As for bath, various sizes of yogurt containers that I have punched holes in the bottom of are LO's favorites!
  • Loading the player...
  • I go through 3 books every night because DD takes forever to finish her bottle. I prefer some longer books like Dr Seuss or a curious George story compilation. As for bath, she likes her rubber ducky and washcloths lol

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Right now LO loves pop-up books and touch and feel books. Little Blue Truck is popular too. We usually read during morning playtime, but once I go back to work I will have to transition it to bedtime.

For bathtime, I got a tube of sea creatures at my shower that he loves! Those things are all over my house, lol. We also have this "dirty dogs" toy, the "dirt" changes colour in warm water to make the dogs all clean. LO doesn't understand it yet, but I think it's adorable!image
  • She doesn't have any awesome bath toys but she seems content :) I saw this thing that you can put in the tub that makes a little shower head for the kids. I think she would like that so it may be a birthday present.

She is really liking, moo baa la la la right now. It's by Sandra Boynton.
  • LO's favorite book is "Who's Hiding at the Zoo?" The last page has a mirror and he kisses himself everytime..so freakin cute!

In the bath LO mostly likes pouring water from cups and he has a few sea animals he likes.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• AmberLiz99AmberLiz99 member
    edited March 2015
    We read lots of books because we read with my son too. But here are a few of her favorites:

Anything by Sandra Boynton
    Where is baby's belly button
    10 little ladybugs
    10 little hunny bees
    Brown bear brown bear
    The very hungry caterpillar
    Mr brown can moo
    Baby animal touch and feel
    Because a little bug went ka-choo
    Spot
    I love you through and through
    Are you my mother
    10 apples up on top
    I'll teach my dog a lot of words
    Pictivities
    Bear snores on

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD loves her bath stacking cups, a squirting nemo fish that she likes when I squirt her, a rubber ducky & just a plain old waShcloth lol

We used to read all the time but it's so tough now!! She just pulls the book out of my hand. I've tried giving her 1 book while I read another but she still wants the one I have. It's a constant battle & I can't get 1 page read. I've tried reading to her while I rock & give the last bottle but she takes the bottle out & goes for the book
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• My kids like foam sets that stick to the side of the tub or float. I've bought some and made some (cut shapes out of crafting foam sheets). Stacking cups are still fun for my 4y/o.

My favorite books are The Pout Pout Fish and The Little Blue Truck. Ten Apples Up On Top is always a hit too.
  • We're lovin any kind of lift the flap or touch and feel books. It's kinda cute cause he remembers where the flaps and feely things are on each page of several of his books. For bath time he likes foam letters and squirt toys, but likes the drain, the faucet, and the wash rag better :)
  • DD just loves being in the big tub with her 3 year old brother. We have the foam letters/shapes that sick to the wall, some little boats, and bunch of little scoopers and shapes that have little holes in them so that water "rains out".

We have so many board books and she just loves looking at the pages with all different colors and such, The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a favorite. We also have a set that each one is about a specific animal or bug and the book is in the shape of that animal/bug with really bright colors that she loves. The Little Blue Truck is one of DS's favorites still so we read that one a lot too. 
  • Thanks for sharing everyone- these are ALL great! I especially love the homemade bath toys- we have so much tupperware its So getting put to use in the tub! and love the books!
    Currently we read Brown Bear, Goodnight moon and snuggle puppy every night. I do want to get some she can feel like with bunny fur, etc. Thanks again for sharing!!

• smushismushi member
    edited March 2015
    We've got a ton of books, including Sandra Boynton and Dr Seuss board books.  We interchange and mix in a few seasonal (we're rotating in a few Easter ones this week).  

In the bathtub, he has some keys, lots of squirt toys, and a basketball 'hoop' that cinches at the bottom to hold the toys.  Nothing fancy.  He enjoys just splashing around, and he really loves feeling the water from the faucet run over his hands.  

Integrating teeth cleaning into the mix is our next big step.  I really need to buy one of those little nubby teeth cleaners...

ETA we have some day books that are farm animals etc that have fur to feel.  He loves chewing the duck's 'fur' on the cover :)  But he also loves 'petting' the rest inside the book.  We reserve those for daytime.  There is one favorite I save for bedtimes... It's called Just Like Mommy.  It's textured and he likes to touch it too.  There's also a daddy version.  
  • We have a lot of books and most of the standards, but I don't know "The Little Blue Truck". Everyone seems to like it? Maybe it'll be our next purchase.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"