Working Moms

Relocation Advice

My little family (me, DH and DS) and I live in CA. I'm originally from MN and most of my family is from MN. All of DH's family is in CA and are nearby. Late last year we had decided we were going to move to MN to be closer to my family because of the cost of living and because I have so many nieces and nephews we wanted DS to grow up with a ton of cousins. He only has two cousins his age in CA and we don't see them too often. Anyway right before our planned move, I got a job offer I could not refuse.

I am love my job, I love the weather here, but I can't seem to kick the thought of whether or not moving to MN - somewhere more affordable where we could actually buy a home for our family that hopefully will grow in the next few years is worth it. I miss watching my nieces and nephews grow up and sometimes feel guilty I may not be able to provide DS with all of the things I might be able to provide if we lived in a lower cost of living state.

I don't plan on moving tomorrow if that's what we decide to do, but we don't live in the best neighborhood and DH really wants to move from our current home that we're renting. The housing prices here are pretty outrageous.

Any advice is appreciated!

Re: Relocation Advice

• I know exact what you are going through. I am the breadwinner in my family and I left a stressful traditional salaried job, low cost of living and 2800sq ft two story house to move back to NY to be closer to my family. I try not to regret my decision because right now I'm living at my inlaws on bunk beds until we are able to get an apartment, but I know I did it for my LO and that's all that matters. I also have lots of nephews and nieces I want my LO to know growing up, that was the main reason we moved. It's super hard right now but I know everything will work out. Hope this helps!