April 2014 Moms

Convertible Car Seat

So it's that time, when I have to start thinking about buying a convertible car seat for my now 11 1/2 month old.  We currently have her in the Britax B-Safe infant car seat which is what we used for my 2 year old as well when he was an infant.  We have my 2 year old in the Britax Marathon car seat which has been ok so far.  Although it does seem that he is getting a bit too uncomfortable in it, even though he is only 27 lbs!  So I'm thinking of getting a new car seat for him too, and giving his Britax Marathon car seat to my parents for their car. 

Any recommendations on a convertible car seat? 

Any car seats you've heard bad things about, I should avoid?

Re: Convertible Car Seat

• I have Recaros for both LOs. I LOVE them! They are one of very few manufacturers that use metal frames. They also are the company that makes the drivers seats for nascar cars. They are a tad pricy, and sortof bulky (large base, so the kid sits higher and winds up with a nice view out the window even when rear facing), but we fit two of them in a TSX (built on the Honda civic frame) without a problem, and DH is 6'2". I sit in them when I install them and think they're quite comfy.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • I also have the recaro has great reviews! It is quite large so would look up the measurements and make sure it will fit in your vehicle first. We have a grand cherokee and it fits nicely. We also have a civic and it fits in that but not as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • I like my Chicco nextfit... it is small enough for a tiny 2 door and was reasonably priced

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• We have to switch them? I thought I saw that the weight limit was 30 lbs? When do we switch?
  • I am still using both seats, I think mine goes to 30 or 35 was just trying to get through the cold winter using the infant seat it's easier to cover them rather than tote them in and out put coats on blah blah in my opinion. Your fine if you haven't switched yet.
  • I know for us, we were fine on weight, but running out of room in terms of where his head was in the infant seat. I can't remember the exact limit, but your owner's guide will tell you both height and weight limits. Our guy has a long torso, so his head was getting too high in the seat long before he was even coming close to the weight limit.
  • I got the Britax Advocate Clicktight. Love it & super easy to install. I recently traveled with it & had to take it in & out of cars often & it was so easy with the Clicktight. I got a wheeled bag for transporting through airport & made it SOoo much easier
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• We just got 2 Chicco Nextfit Zip seats so we can have one for each car.  I love it!  I did a ton of research and Consumer Reports rated them very highly too.  Unfortunately, BRU is the only place that you can buy them other than the Chicco website.  I waited until I had a coupon and also went on a Thursday to save an additional 10% with my BRU credit card.  I love the fact that I can unzip the lining so easily to wash it.  I thought that this will especially come in handy once potty training starts. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Oct 16 March Siggy Challenge

Oct 16 Feb Siggy Challenge

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"