September 2015 Moms
Options

Suggestions for lower back pain relief.

I am a hair stylist and I am on my feet most of the day. I go to the chiropractor once a week but I still can't seem to get rid of lower back pain. It's not a UTI or a kidney infection, (both have been looked into). What do all of you do to relieve your lower back pain?

Re: Suggestions for lower back pain relief.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Maternity band. It's my best friend, especially for what you're describing (being on your feet). Its basically just a gentle brace that holds all the loosy goosy joints and ligaments that are wobbly, thanks to hormones, in place so that you get some relief. I'd ask your doctor about it.

Prenatal yoga is also super, super helpful to me. I should mention that I have a HORRRIBLE back - SI joints out of alignment, rotated sacrum and pelvis, thorasic scoliosis, herniated disc. So yoga and a maternity band have been my saving graces.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Acupuncture and yoga have been my go tos. The yoga helps a lot with posture. Its amazing what good posture will do for you, engaging the right muscles and relieving pressure on your joints
    Me (27) & Hubby (40): 1/22/11
    EDD of 1st: 9/11/15
    PhD grad date: 6/1/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been using magnesium oil. It is great relief for aches and pains as well as nausea. Life saver for this pregnancy.
  • Options
    WDDCHWDDCH member
    edited March 2015
    I was told to try to not arch my back when standing/walking. Should actually jut your hips forward a little and tuck your tailbone. It feels SO unnatural but it does alleviate the pain!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Try an SI belt, your Chiro should be able to source one. The Serola belt is one of the better ones. Unfortunately hairdressing is a terrible occupation for your lower back so add pregnancy to that and you're in double trouble!! The belt should help though, a long with regular breaks in your day. Good luck
  • Options
    The pregnancy miracle ball. Seriously, if you don't have a good, reputable chiropractor who deals with pregnancy, that would be my go-to. Also, the maternity bands until you are further along, then a maternity "brace". It seriously helps your back sooooo much.
  • Options
    kjs08kjs08 member
    Maintain good posture and strengthen the muscles in your core, upper and lower back, and pelvic floor. That's been helping me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    what helps me is regular exercise. but quick fixes are Tylenol rub, a heating pack, stretches and making sure you try and keep good posture. I find myself sitting hunched over my computer and try to correct it as often as possible. bending at the waist while standing is the worst for it I'm sorry to say :( I hope you find relief!!!
  • Options
    Watch what kind of shoes you wear. That has a big impact on your lower back especially when standing all day. What may help now may not have been what helped before.
  • Options
    @ktewart, what band do you use? I have most of the same problems and am looking for more support.
  • Options
    Supporting insoles in your shoes and comfy shoes, a belly band, tigers balm(my miracle worker!) and gently stretching the lower back and thighs. Practicing yoga helps a lot. Even just a 10 minute wake up yoga and a 10 minute night yoga help tremendously (for videos I suggest Rodney Yee, very soothing voice and easy to follow). I like to use a little bit of tigers balm when my back is esp sore, it really seems to calm it down. It's just like icy hot, it heats and then cools but it feels so amazing! My mother was a stylist, and she says shoes and the right mat are really important. Don't have her mistake and wear heels to work (she is really short so compensated with heels, even when pregnant) ! Killed her back and beefed up her calves and restricted the muscles.
  • Options
    Yoga, prenatal massage weekly or chiropractor
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"