December 2014 Moms

Sleep sacks

what do you dress your LO in when using a long sleeved sleep sack? What about a sleeveless one?

Re: Sleep sacks

• meghoeschmeghoesch member
    edited March 2015
    I have a sleeveless halo sleep sack. I dress her in regular pjs. A onsie and long sleeve long pant pjs. I am in minnesota though in the winter. In the summer I will switch from the fleece halo sleep sack to the cotton one. I never really thought about it but I put her in regular pjs.
  • I use the fleece Halo with the swaddle still attached, so before bed I strip LO down to just a onesie so he doesn't overheat.
    William Ross 12/22/14 (32+5 HELLP) EDD 2/11/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Our nursery gets cold so when she was little during winter, it was a long sleeve onesie, a sleeper, then a long sleep sleep sack and she was never overheated.  Sometimes we even had to throw a blanket over the lower half of the sleepsack.  Now that it's spring, its a short sleep onsie plus a sleeper with a sleeveless fleece sack until it heats up more.

In summer, it'll be either a sleeper or onsie with a cotton sleeveless sleepsack.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• In my opinion sleeveless ones are the best ones. Long sleeved sleep sac may overheat the baby. We did bodysuit, footed pj and sleepsack during winter and onesie+sack during warmer months. She stayed warm and toasty. Never found her hot or cold. We use a babydeedee.com sleep nest and lite and they work best. Sooo comforting. They have shoulder snaps and zipper for easy on and off which is super handy when LO is asleep.
  • I used the Halo fleece sleeveless ones with a sleeper or long sleeve onesie underneath. He's in just sleepers now though with it being warm down here in the south.