February 2015 Moms

Anyone plan on using cloth diapers?

Are you planning on using cloth diapers? What's the reasoning behind why or why not?

Re: Anyone plan on using cloth diapers?

• We are cloth diapering! At first it was a money saver. Now we just love everything about it. He had to be in sposies for the first month because of thrush, but now he is much happier in cloth. He especially loved diapers with stay dry inside. He hates being wet. We have seen such a difference in the money saving aspect so far. I built up my stash buying a diaper a paycheck starting when I was 5 months pregnant so I am pretty set in the amount of diapers we will need. We also have have had no rash issues since switching to cloth. The hardest part was just getting a good wash routine down but now it's easy.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • We are cloth diapering too! Though, she is still disposables for the moment since the cloth diapers are so wide in the crotch and she's only almost 3 weeks old. We were given a 12 pack of bumgenius at our baby shower, and my aunt, who owns a company called Seams Geeky, gave us several of her cloth diapers as well. She designed her own line called Pocket Protector diapers and she custom embroiders them with geeky themes like Star Trek, Dr. Who, Pac Man, Super Mario, My Little Pony, and Firefly to name a few. We love the cloth diapers, not only do they save money, but they are so stylish as well! I can't wait to see my daughter's geeky tush running around the house!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are trying it out. We rented a bunch of CD's in newborn size, both because we didn't want to spend money on a size she'll only wear a couple of months and because we didn't want to build up a big stash in case CDing didn't work for us.

So far it's been a good experience. They are a little leaky, but she's only 8 days old and the disposables are a little leaky too at the moment. I'm expecting it to get better when she grows a little.
  • We started cloth diapering at 3 weeks when her umbilical cord stump fell off. We are using bumgenius freetime and I love them so far. We haven't had any leaking. We looked into cloth diapers for the money saving, but then after doing some research the list of pluses got much longer. I love that I'm not putting so many harsh chemicals next to my baby's skin. And I couldn't believe that an average baby will put an entire ton of garbage into landfills over their diapering career. We bought the 24 pack that's discounted from Cottonbabies and we will soon make up for the initial cost.
  • We CD. We cloth diapered our twins from birth to potty training and we are cloth diapering our new baby from birth, too. We CD for so many reasons- $ saving and keeping the chemicals in disposables off of our babies are the major reasons... fewer rashes, more environmentally friendly, never having to run out to the store for more diapers/ wipes... the list goes on and on.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Planning on it, stacked up during pregnancy but using disposables for right now. We didn't buy them, they were gifted at baby showers. 4 weeks in and can't wait to switch over. Money saver, environmentally friendly & super cute. LO hates being wet so the bamboo CD I got keep the moisture away from the skin, perfect! just have to frequently change these disposables for awhile.
  • We chose to during the pregnancy. I use Flips which is made by BumGenius. My husband hasn't gotten on board since LO was born so he's in cloth any diaper changes I do which is 90% of the time. I love them and find them easier than sposies. That and the money saving is so worth it even if we have a pack of disposable on hand.
  • Look at that geeky tush! Brielle loves her cloth diapers. I think the disposables were a little harsh on her skin. Every time we changed her diaper, her skin would be a little red all around down there. But since switching to the cloth she has been much happier! :-)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We are! Mainly to save money overall and reduce waste. We started about 2 weeks ago to try it out (with 8 diapers) and make sure it would work for us, and now we'll be buying more.
  • @StephanieLBerg that cute fluffy bum!!!
  • We love our Lalabye baby's!
  • You are awesome!