Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Kiinde - how many nipples and bottles

I'm going to be using the kiinde system for pumping and feeding once I go back to work. I have the starter kit, but have no idea what else I should I buy. How many extra nipples do I need? Do I need more than 2 bottle shells? Maybe an extra set for daycare?

Re: Kiinde - how many nipples and bottles

• Options
    I'm going to be using it too but there's not much information out there on it. I registered for 2 of each flow of nipples and two bottles. I'm going to wait and see how my son likes the nipples before I invest in more. I honestly don't think I'll need much more than that since that's all that needs to be washed. Hope this is helpful.
  • Options
    ldmwldmw member
    I actually found someone who uses the system and she recommended 4 nipples of each. And, her baby started on fast nipples then worked way down. I would have thought it was opposite (start slow and work way up).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's great information and yes I'd think the same direction. Slow to fast. I'd think slow would be closer to bf.
  • Options
    ldmw said:

I actually found someone who uses the system and she recommended 4 nipples of each. And, her baby started on fast nipples then worked way down. I would have thought it was opposite (start slow and work way up).

Most BF babies stay on slow flow nipples most of their BFing days. My 6.5 month old is still on slow flow (not Kiinde system). I would hold off on getting multiple nipple sizes until baby is here and you think you need them. I've got a whole box of nipples I'm not using :(
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    We don't use the Kiinde system anymore, but we did at the very beginning and I definitely recommend the Fast flow nipples. I almost felt like they were too slow because my kiddos were frustrated with them every time it seemed like.  It's an awesome system though and if I had continued pumping we would still be using it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"