Multiples
Options

Bathing 11-12 month old twins

I bathe both boys at the same time (can't bare to hear one cry why I'm bathing the other).  One is standing and walking, so he likes to stand while he's in the bath tub - I bathe him first. I am wondering how to keep up this routine when both are standing in the tub. I figure I am going to have to start bathing them separately when we get to that point, but I wanted to get others' insights. 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Bathing 11-12 month old twins

• Options
    I would start to encourage him to sit down. I never let my kids stand in the tub, I just foresaw slippery kids excited about the bath and falling into one another busting their mouths and blood everywhere.

It is easier to bath both while they are sitting. Give them some water toys to encourage the sitting.
  • Options
    I agree - I am very nervous about him standing, so I hold him the entire time once he does stand, I an get him washed and out of the water within 5 mins. I am wondering how that is going to work when both are standing. I'll try the bath toys, like you suggested.

Thanks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine cant stand yet, but I have one that keeps trying to flip on all fours and crawl in the tub.  It is quite the workout for all of us.
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    Honestly. It's a phase they'll outgrow before you know it. I've always bathed mine together, and they're 2.5 now.
  • Options
    Mine are both pulling up to stand and I bathe them together. As others suggested have some toys and keep insisting on them sitting. It's a bit of a mess at the moment but they will get there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"