Late Term and Child Loss
Options

board name ***siggy warning

****siggy warning

Hi all, I just noticed the name of this board changed from just Loss to Loss (General Board). Does anyone know if this actually changed anything? Is this board is changing to no longer be intended for late term/infant/child loss?

I haven't been posting much lately, but still lurk to see how everyone is doing. But I don't think I would do that anymore if the boards includes all loss.

Re: board name ***siggy warning

• Options
    **Ticker**

I didn't realize that until just now... I agree.  If this includes all loss, I'm not sure if I would still participate as much. Everyone hurts from their loss, but I feel that I have much more in common with other mothers who have had late losses. 
  • Options
    I agree too.  That was the whole reason this board was started in the first place to give those that have had late/child losses a place to go. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ***siggy

Does anyone know how we find out?
  • Options
    This is now the only loss board, it seems. I don't see the miscarriage board anymore. There's also a new category on the main board called "Child Loss" that puts this board, TTCAL, PGAL and PAL underneath.
  • Options
    I just noticed the miscarriage and pregnancy loss board went away. Unless something changes in the next day or so, that'll be the end of me here. I know everyone's losses hurt but I don't have many emotional similarities with someone going through a miscarriage, and that's what the board will mostly be.

I hate it, the thought of losing this board that offered me so much support is really upsetting. I hurt for the women like us who will be looking for support and have a hard time finding those who can relate.

But I will be on the other board still!
  • Options
    Wow that's annoying that they changed it. I'm out ladies - I'm sorry. I will miss you all, but I too don't feel I can relate with someone going through a miscarriage. Looks like I may need to start lurking on the other board a bit more.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    This is not going to stand, please let me explain.

I haven't even had a chance to introduce myself yet. I am the new SuperMod for all of the Loss related boards on the Bump and just got my SuperMod account up and running. My job will be to act as a moderator, but also to watch over the collected and connected group of loss boards, ready to act fast to protect members if something bad happens so that you aren't left hanging high and dry when the regular employees are off work, like on the weekends. I asked to watch over the Loss boards, as I have suffered multiple pregnancy losses and communities like these saved me when I was alone in my grief.

When the boards were being reorganized last week, the note "Loss-general board" had been used by a Bump employee. I spotted it in an email and called the team's attention to it as inappropriate and confusing. I explained what this particular board is intended for and suggested that they change it. Late Friday I received a draft of a post to look over, that will ask what you would like your board to be called. I suggested' Late Term Loss', knowing it wasn't perfect, but I think they might be open to 'Late Term and Infant Loss', if you all prefer. I am very sorry that 'general board' was added, but I am working to make it a temporary hiccup only. The post that I gave input on Friday evening should be posted to this board on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

All advice given based on lengthy personal experience.

I am not a doctor, I just have a working medical vocabulary.

Always available to answer questions about loss, infertility, and TRP.

imageimage

• Options
    But is there still a miscarriage board that is separate?! I don't see it on the main board.

It all feels like we are a second thought (not to you, maybe, but...).
  • Options
    I agree with @Happyin14, it seems we're an afterthought.

Will the miscarriage/pregnancy loss board be added back into the list of loss boards listed in the app?
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I agree with @Happyin14, it seems we're an afterthought.

Will the miscarriage/pregnancy loss board be added back into the list of loss boards listed in the app?

I will check on that and strongly recommend it. The reorganization was supposed to make it easier on women who had suffered a loss to find a place to land, not harder.

imageimage

• Options
    Happyin14 said:

But is there still a miscarriage board that is separate?! I don't see it on the main board.

It all feels like we are a second thought (not to you, maybe, but...).

Yes. The board still exists, it just looks like it got lost in the shuffle of changing things around. It is still showing under the main list of all boards, as well as in the Specialty Boards list on the main Community page (desktop).

imageimage

• Options
    **ticker**

I just saw the update on the board.. still not sure whether I am sticking around or not, but if not, I will let everyone know. Seems like there really has been a mass exodus to the other side. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"