July 2015 Moms
Options

Gifts for Shower Hosts?

My MIL and her friends are throwing a shower for us. She mentioned to start looking for thank you gifts for the other women hosting the shower.

In total I would need 7 gifts. How much do I spend? Any ideas?

Re: Gifts for Shower Hosts?

• Options
    I'm making mine, it makes it more personal and you can use things laying around the house. I made fabric journals using the colors in my theme. You can even get them a little bouquet of flowers each and tell them that you want to incorporate it in the shower and don't tell them why and use them in your shower and at the end say that you want to thank the people for helping and give them each a bouquet. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne/hostess-gifts-under-10-dollars?bfpi&crlt.pid=camp.6puPvb4J49z8&s=mobile

This is a site for a bunch of creative and inexpensive hostess gifts. I got it off pintrest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ooh yeah... Thanks for the reminder

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    I love these. I don't know if your group of friends would enjoy them, but they are inexpesive and so cute. (Too bad we can't enjoy them too)
  • Options
    I gave the hostesses potted orchids (4 hosts)
    and for my bridal shower I gave them small dessert plate sets from home goods.
    <leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not getting the hostesses anything because I told them I didn't even want a shower in the first place. I'm not spending money that I could put towards something for my baby to thank someone for something I asked them not to do in the first place.
  • Options

Question when did doing a nice thing for someone such as a shower have to be thanked with a gift to the hostess??? I have never heard of this and have attended many different showers both baby and wedding. ( And I have a hard enought time with thank you notes. )

This!!
  • Options
    I'm not even having a shower, but someone asked a question so I answered.
  • Options

Question when did doing a nice thing for someone such as a shower have to be thanked with a gift to the hostess??? I have never heard of this and have attended many different showers both baby and wedding. ( And I have a hard enought time with thank you notes. )

I guess it depends on your circle and family... the family I married into does it ridiculously big. (Like I'd be happy with one of their showers as a wedding reception! Lol) no hostess gift to them comes across as extremely rude and ungrateful. (Hey different folks, different strokes!) I feel like this is also in the same vein as goodie bags/favors for all the kids at a birthday party
    <leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I was actually thinking of potted orchids too! Thanks!
  • Options
    Never heard of giving the hosts gifts before. But the host is my mom, she already knows I love her.
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    leelee1112leelee1112 member
    edited March 2015
    I love the potted orchid idea!
  • Options
    qtjo5qtjo5 member
    My MIL is doing my shower and to be honest I think she would be offended if I got her a "hostess gift." My best friend is helping her and suggested we do something for her, it had not crossed my mind until she brought it up.

I guess I will talk it over with DH to see what he thinks, he knows his mom best.
  • Options
    I feel bad because I never thought to get hostess gifts but definitely will look into it now.
  • Options
    Rustic cuff bracelets for mine
  • Options
    I got mine a casserole dish carrier...she's always doing some potluck thing. I'll prob get her and my MIL some flowers too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"