Health & Exercise

Consistent Postpartum Nausea?

Has anyone ever dealt with consistent nausea AFTER the baby? I'm one month pp today and for the past week and a half I have been having horrible nausea, to the point that it sent me to the ER last week. They assumed 'stomach flu', gave me an IV bag of fluids, some Zofran anti nausea medication and sent me home. Needless to say, the Zofran isn't working, neither is anything else I've tried and the nausea is still there almost 24/7. DH and I haven't DTD since DD was born so not pregnant, I don't have a gall bladder (removed as a kid), no fever, no signs of infection (vaginal birth) ... Has anyone dealt with this?! Is it just hormonal? I'm miserable, lost every bit of the baby weight and then some... taking care of my baby girl is no fun being run down sick all the time :(

Re: Consistent Postpartum Nausea?

• edited April 2015
    You might want to take a pregnancy test again. You could be pregnant again. It happened to my sister. She had the depo shot. She thought there was no way that she was. Her 3rd and 4th child are 11 months apart. Just a suggestion. I hope this info helps.
  • I don't know if you're on it, but the fenugreek that the lactation consultants suggested for increasing milk production causes me to have nausea. Hopefully they'll figure out your nausea soon.