Babies on the Brain

Am I crazy to want another, even though mine is only 10 months?

I'm having baby fever, bad. A co-worker of mine just brought in her newborn and my brain went nuts! My Pinterest has been blown up with baby things and I wonder if people think I'm pregnant again. I'm actually wondering it myself. After trying the mirena, which didn't work, I went back on the pill. And I've been very careless with it, but my significant other and I have said whatever happens, happens. But since going on the pill I haven't had my period since December. I stopped taking it about 2-3 weeks ago and today I'm having some cramps and I remember clearly with my son that was what happened before. I don't know if it's just my own excitment and nerves, but I'm hoping I am. I just feel crazy to already want another when my son isn't even a year old yet, haha. 

Re: Am I crazy to want another, even though mine is only 10 months?

• You are most certainly NOT crazy! All my friends (myself included) are having them close together. The closer in age they are, the more they will be able to relate to each other and be friends. My daughter is 1 and and we are TTC, too! :) They're just too much fun not to! :)
  • Take a hpt! If it's been since December could be exciting!
  • Loading the player...
  • I missed being pregnant as soon as we left the hospital with my sweet baby girl. I found out I was pregnant when she was just 3 months old ! Which means I conceived when she was 2 months old !! You're not crazy ! Babies are awesome and such a blessing if you're ready for them :)
  • Not crazy..I think close is best. DD was 16 mo when the triplets were born

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• aavery258 said:

You are most certainly NOT crazy! All my friends (myself included) are having them close together. The closer in age they are, the more they will be able to relate to each other and be friends. My daughter is 1 and and we are TTC, too! :) They're just too much fun not to! :)

While having kids close together is great for many people the bolded is not always true. Being close in age does not mean they will necessarily be able to relate to each other or that they will be friends. (or even like the same things) My sons got along great as little kids at 2.5 years apart and still do while my nieces do not get along or play together at 13 months apart.(never have) I am 9 months older than my sisters and our relationship is not as good as the one I have with my older brother. (especially growing up I hated having siblings so close in age to me)

Spacing you kids is obviosuly one of those things that is going to work differently for every family but I just wanted to say close in age isn't always close in any other aspect.
  • I agree with PP about kids being close together doesn't necesarily mean they'll be friends. My brother and I are 15 mos apart. We rarely speak to each other. There's no "riff" or anything between us, we just have nothing in common.

As to OP's question nothing crazy about thinking about another one. We knew after our first was born we'd be having more and I looked forward to it. I chose to wait until his first birthday to start trying, though, because I had c-section.
  • As someone who is only 16 months younger than my sister, I can absolutely tell you that being close in age does NOT guarantee they will relate to each other and/or like each other. My sister and I HATED (and I don't use the word hate often) each other growing up. We were polar opposites and that led to a very difficult childhood as we were always fighting and getting on each others' nerves. We only got close when she left for college (aka moved out of the house). We are extremely close now and I love that we're close in age but it took us 18 years to get to that point.

To the OP, I'm not saying you shouldn't try again or that you're crazing for wanting to. Just following up on a PPs post that close in age means friends and great times. It doesn't always.
  • Me and my sister are 8 YEARS apart and we get along so well even growing up.

Age 24 DH 24 TTC#1!
    NTNP since June '14
    TTC since February '15
    Anniversary

photo mrsespigreen_3_Autocorrect Fail Bumpie-2_zps0y7kauvn.jpg
  • Not crazy at all! My son is only 4 months old and I already want another. I miss being pregnant soooo badly and it makes it worse that my best friend if pregnant with her first (super happy for her, but feeling a twinge of jealousy) and watching her belly grow every week just makes me want it that much more. I miss feeling him kick in my belly so much. Can definitely say these feelings have amped up my PPD once again.
  • It seems crazy to me, yes. I like my babies to have more spacing.  I like to give them each time to be the baby for a while before TTC again.  I find it easier to have the youngest be a bit older so they can play somewhat independantly, verbalize needs, help clean up, etc before I am in the NB phase again.  I also BF beyond a year and have no desire to do that while pg or tandem so that factors into our decision for our family as well.

But I know some people like to have babies very close together and I totally respect that & watch them manage the chaos in complete awe.

I agree with prior posters that age spacing has absolutely nothing to do with sibling closeness at all though.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.