February 2015 Moms

Pacifiers

Hello all! This is my first post on here but my second baby and I was a huge Bumpy with my first, I found so much good info from talking to mom's who were going through the same thing.

Anyway here I am again with baby #2 and I am running into an issue I didn't tackle with DS. DD loves pacifiers, I have tried MAMS, soothie and Avent and she loves them all. She doesn't even need rocking with her paci she goes straight to sleep BUT that is where the joyful bliss ends, soon it's an all out war to keep the pacifier in, as she is settling into sleep each one falls out out and and she pops wide awake. My question, at almost 5 weeks old, has anyone had success success with a pacifier staying in? I am willing to buy any brand you suggest I just need to find one that stays put!

Next question, if your LO is successful and in paci bliss, does their paci stay in all night? Is that possible at this age? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pacifiers

• Try a wubbanub - the soothie brand pacifiers are attached to a small lightly weighted stuffed animal which helps it remain anchored.
  • We have had a lot of luck with Nuk pacifiers. Still not 100% with staying in but they work much much better than anything else we tried.
  • Loading the player...
  • I tried a whole bunch too, soothie, avent ect. The best ones she loves are the dr browns, there shaped very similar to the nuk ones. Once she's really asleep it falls out, but there pretty good at staying in (like in the car ect)
  • I haven't had a ton of success, but have heard that if you practice pulling at the paci gently the baby learns to suck to keep it in. Saw it in "Happiest Baby on the Block" and so far it seems to work with our little one. Though I try to use it to get her ready for sleep, and not once she's in her crib.
  • We used mam 6+ month with my second DS from about 6 weeks on. It has a slightly larger bulb, so it stays in better. I think it feels more like the boob, because it fits perfectly in the roof of the mouth.
  • I had a huge issue with getting pacis to stay in. The problem was LO had a severe posterior tongue tie. Since that was repaired, he can now keep a paci in. I'm not saying your LO has one but if trying several brands doesn't work, it might be worth having a dr look.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • mislex19mislex19 member
    edited March 2015
    I have the same problem, my first son loved the pacifiers. But my second baby will not keep the pacifier in his mouth at all no matter what kind it is. He always spits them out! He's 5 weeks now and Still no luck ):
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"