Preemies

Surprise pregnancy after pre-e 32wkr

hi ladies! I sifted through the boards a bit, just looking to hear your experience if you had pre e with a first pregnancy and went on to have subsequent pregnancies and whether you went to term or not. My pre e was sudden. My ds was 3 lbs at birth and is a healthy 9 month old now! I found out I was pregnant the month after we quit nursing! I've already met with my mfm and he said the goal would be to get me to 37 wks. I have this feeling that there's no way I'll make it full term. I'm feeling a lot of ptsd from the first birth still and my BP has been high at my last two visits. I check it at home and it's been great! Thanks in advance for any info you can give!

Re: Surprise pregnancy after pre-e 32wkr

• I didn't have pre e with my first. I went into pre term labor for unknown reasons.

I delivered at 30 weeks.

I'm currently 35weeks 4 days. Don't know how much longer I'm gonna make it. Would love to get to 37 but I'm already 2cm and 60% effaced.
  • Congrats on making it this far after such an early first delivery! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you. If you ever want to talk, I'm here.

They put me on the p17 injections. I'm supposed to have my last one this Thursday. Just need to make it there.
  • I had pre-e with my twins (first pregnancy) and delivered at 28w3d. I am 6 weeks into a surprise pregnancy now. My OB looked up some research on it that said pre-e is most common in first pregnancies and the risk actually goes down in subsequent pregnancies. He said there's no guarantee but that if I get it again, it SHOULD be less severe and/or later in the pregnancy. I guess we'll see!

Fingers crossed for us both!
    TTC 2009-2011, Clomid-IUI #4 on 4/26/11 --> B/G Twins Emmett and Miranda 10/27/11 at 28w3d
    Surprise BFP 5/7/15!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I delivered my first pregnancy at 27w 5d due to pre e. I was admitted at 26w and at that point I already had swelling, protein, and a BP of 160/100. I am 21 weeks today and feel good but my 24 urine last week showed my protein at 446. I'm nervous that Ta elevated already. I hope I can make it long enough..
  • How far along are you with this pregnancy? 
    The truth is that some moms have repeated problems while others don't, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason! It sounds as if you're doing everything right, so otherwise there's not much to do but try to enjoy your pregnancy. Easier said than done, I know.... but try focusing on the positive and give yourself permission to enjoy every day of this pregnancy.
    The issue I notice that I have to ask about - have you had any help with your PTSD? Because that would really be a wonderful thing, if you are able. You might check out this article on NICU Healing, by an awesome NICU mom & therapist Kara Wahlin, or this one from Hand to Hold.  Finding a therapist to talk with about it could be really awesome, and it might be easier to do now before the new baby arrives. Kara actually wrote a good article about finding a therapist on my blog here.
    Can't wait to hear how you're holding up!