November 2014 Moms
Options

Bedtime

Hi mommies. Just curious, when exactly is bedtime for your little ones? My son is 4 months, in daycare full time(which has greatly helped his schedule),but still will not go to sleep before 9, if not 10 some nights. Wondering if/how we can move it up an hour or so?

Re: Bedtime

• Options
    My son is 4 months also - we were doing bedtime between 8 and 9, but I was reading about 4 month sleep regression and it said to put them down even earlier so for the past couple nights I've been doing 7-7:30pm. And he's been sleeping 12 hours (with 1 feed somewhere in there). Of course daylight savings time just messed us up a little but I'm going to continue and see how he does with the earlier bed time. He is also not a good napper during the day so he definitely needs more sleep at night.
    My Blog
    Hubby. 44   Wifey. 36 - Unexplained IF Finally diagnosed with Stage 3 endo and a busted left tube.
    10/11-4/12 Natural cycles BFN
    5/12-6/13 - 9 IUI's + 1 hospital stay for "PID" infection from IUI. All BFN
    8/13 - IVF #1, 14 eggs, 12 fertilized.... 2 blasts transferred Day 5, 5 frozen. BFN
    9/13 - Hysteroscopy, cleaned out some small polyps
    10/13 - FET #1, 2 blasts transferred, Day 5 - BFN :(
    12/13 - Diagnostic laparoscopy, found Stage 3 Endo and non-functioning left fallopian tube which they clipped.
    Finally a diagnosis!
    2/14 - FET #2, 2 blasts transferred, the last 2. Hoping this is it!
    3/11 First BFP ever! Beta 1=160
    It's twins!
    7 weeks - vanishing twin syndrome, 1 baby left.
    Our take home miracle arrived 11/8/14 via C-section, Nicholas Gary.
  • Options
    This week we feel we've hit the sleep regression stage so we moved bed from 8 to 7:30. He slept through the night most nights from 10-15 weeks 8-4/5 am. Now this week he's been up 3-5 times but rocks back to sleep easily and having a very difficult time napping. He sleeps great in his crib at night. Naps have been with us, rock and play, swing or crib. Now it seems if we're not holding it's crying and 10 minute intervals of sleep as soon as we put him down drowsy. We don't want to create a bad habit as I go back to work next week. Not sure how I feel about sleep training. I'm torn because I think he's too young but he's crying for 10-20 minutes in our arms anyways. Any advice??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Since LO was about 2-3 weeks we always had getting ready for bed happen between 8-9.  Now at 5 months it seems like she knows like clockwork when its around 8-9 cause she gets in a mood.  Daylight savings time screwed us up a little, and just last week we had a some sleep regression.  But usually we stay pretty regular with bed time, plus I think her going to day care full time has helped with the schedule. 

@babye12514 I know sometimes with my LO when she does cry out I won't pick her up right away.  I usually will just give her paci and rub her tummy and make a soft shhhhh sound and she falls right back to asleep.  Then there are times when she might wine a little at night and we won't even go and check on her cause she ends up falling back to sleep on her own.  I know it's hard but not picking them up every time they cry will help them not depend on you to get back to sleep everytime.  I don't think the taking of naps outside the crib is that big of a deal cause my LO will sleep on me during nap time or her little chair or the floor and she still sleeps great at night. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"