Birth Stories
Options

Cora's Birth

Cora is our 8th child and our last 2 births have been home births.  We were hoping that we would be able to have a home birth with Cora also but with a few difficulties throughout this pregnancy we figured it would be best to do a hospital birth.  My due date was February 8 but I was ready for her to be born anytime after January 31 when my son's birthday party was because I felt huge and was very uncomfortable.  With 7 other kids, it made it hard to do everything I needed to do with a huge belly and being so tired all of the time.  

Of course, as with most of my pregnancies, my due date came and went.  2 days after my due date, my in-laws took the kids for the day and DH and I went on a nice long walk and ate spicy food trying to jump start labor.  It must have worked because the next day when the 3 older kids were at school and my twins were at preschool, I started to feel contractions at about 11 am.  I called my husband to tell him what was going on and that he should hurry home since my last labor was only 2 1/2 hours.  I called my mother in law to come pick up my 2 kids at the house.  By the time she got there I was in a lot of pain and dying for her to be there and take the kids.  She wanted to stay until DH got there to make sure I was okay but I was in so much pain I insisted she take the kids.  The contractions were coming fast but my husband wasn't home.  I called him and he said he was stuck in traffic.  I was freaking out because I thought I would have this baby in the house alone.  Luckily, DH finally made it home and we got in the car immediately.  At this point, contractions were pretty constant but my water still hadn't broke.  

As soon as we got to the hospital, I got out of the car and my water broke right there in the parking lot.  We rushed inside because I could feel the baby coming.  They rushed me up to a room and got me in the bed and took my pants off getting ready to push.  I didn't have time to put on a gown.  On the way up to the room I felt the urge to push.  As soon as I was on the bed I couldn't wait any longer and had to push.  My pants were barely off and the doctor wasn't even in the room yet when her head started to crown.  The doctor ran in just in time for the baby.  3 pushes later Cora was born.  Thankfully, everything turned out fine and Cora was perfectly healthy!  This was even faster than my last labor at about 2 hours in total.  My kids were actually kind of upset that they didn't know I was having the baby since it all happened so fast when they were at school.

It has definitely been crazy since welcoming Cora but we are all adjusting.  Right now my kids ages are 12, 6, 10, 3, 3, 23 months, almost 11 month old, and 1 month.  

Re: Cora's Birth

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"