March 2015 Moms
Options

your favorite waterproof foundation and concealer

aprilk86aprilk86 member
edited March 2015 in March 2015 Moms
I have had the worst rash/breakouts completely covering my face back and chest through this entire pregnancy. I'm 28 and its definitely worse than my teenage years. I would like suggestions of affordable makeup that offers great long lasting coverage so I can stand to look at myself in the mirror again...

Re: your favorite waterproof foundation and concealer

• Options
    Jane Iredale
  • Options
    So, I'm a makeup artist in a past life. And if you want something that's bullet proof and cheap then Revlon Color Stay is going to be your best bet. It's full coverage, water proof, and going to last through anything. My only problem with this foundation is that it doesn't have as large of a skin tone selection has high end brands. You may have to buy two different colors and mix to get your correct shade (it's better to go a little light and add back in color with bronzer ect.) . This is the foundation I used for bridesmaids for weddings. Survived the sweating, tears, ect.

I don't personally use this foundation because it's not great for the skin and can make your skin worse as far as breaking out. So I don't recommend it for daily use on sensitive skin. Your skin needs to breath to heal. But if you want something that will return your skin back to flawless than this is it! Or, for a larger skin undertone selection, professional help matching your skin tone, and a returnable product if you don't like it... My personal favorite full coverage... Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation. That stuff is magic in a bottle! But again, not great for sensitive skin daily usage.

For sensitive skin daily useage (which I have SUPER sensitive skin)... I use a mild but through cleanser, Rosehip oil for the moisturizer (this stuff is a miracle and took my skin from red, broken out, worse than any teenager, to beautiful, smooth, and healed my acne scars), and then either Tarte 12 Hour Amazonian Clay foundation (oh how I love this foundation....) or Bare Minerals liquid foundation. Both of these foundations will give you coverage over acne ect. Will be better for your skin. But are not as bullet proof as the first two I listed. I wouldn't consider them waterproof.

And I always finish with a setting powder. Tarte has great setting powders. :)

Anyway, good luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    adelems said:

So, I'm a makeup artist in a past life. And if you want something that's bullet proof and cheap then Revlon Color Stay is going to be your best bet. It's full coverage, water proof, and going to last through anything. My only problem with this foundation is that it doesn't have as large of a skin tone selection has high end brands. You may have to buy two different colors and mix to get your correct shade (it's better to go a little light and add back in color with bronzer ect.) . This is the foundation I used for bridesmaids for weddings. Survived the sweating, tears, ect.

I don't personally use this foundation because it's not great for the skin and can make your skin worse as far as breaking out. So I don't recommend it for daily use on sensitive skin. Your skin needs to breath to heal. But if you want something that will return your skin back to flawless than this is it! Or, for a larger skin undertone selection, professional help matching your skin tone, and a returnable product if you don't like it... My personal favorite full coverage... Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation. That stuff is magic in a bottle! But again, not great for sensitive skin daily usage.

For sensitive skin daily useage (which I have SUPER sensitive skin)... I use a mild but through cleanser, Rosehip oil for the moisturizer (this stuff is a miracle and took my skin from red, broken out, worse than any teenager, to beautiful, smooth, and healed my acne scars), and then either Tarte 12 Hour Amazonian Clay foundation (oh how I love this foundation....) or Bare Minerals liquid foundation. Both of these foundations will give you coverage over acne ect. Will be better for your skin. But are not as bullet proof as the first two I listed. I wouldn't consider them waterproof.

And I always finish with a setting powder. Tarte has great setting powders. :)

Anyway, good luck!!

I LOVE TARTE AMAZONIAN CLAY FOUNDATION!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is my new favorite part of my makeup routine!
  • Options
    @MrsPope1770 yay!! I seriously love that stuff. I use their concealers and setting powder religious too haha
  • Options
    I've used Revlon color stay in the past, where would I find this tarte Amazonian clay? Also the moisturizer? I've tried bb creams and such in hopes of evening time/reducing redness but to no avail. I wash religiously but nothing helps clear it right now so I definitely want to cover
  • Options
    @aprilk86 you can find tarte at sephora, ulta , and qvc . I recommend going in to sephora or ulta to get color matched. And if you don't like the product they will also take it back no questions even if you've used it for a little while. Makes it worth the price :)

The rose hip oil you can get at most natural stores. Also Amazon. Just google organic Rosehip oil

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"