March 2015 Moms

Getting pampered.. Thoughts?

getting my hair colored Tuesday. All over color. Ill be 37 wk. is anyone 100% opposed to this and why? Anyone experienced hair dye in past with any issues?

Re: Getting pampered.. Thoughts?

• Colouring your hair is completely safe for the baby don't worry :) my dad is a hair dresser and has assured me from day 1 it's safe and so has my Dr. I will be 38 weeks tomorrow and have done my hair 3 times while pregnant, I'm confident this will not have affected my little boy :)

• Not sure I would take the advice of a hairdresser over YOUR DOCTOR!!!!! Ask your doctor who knows more about actual research on this topic....
  • Loading the player...
  • My current doctors and all of my past OB's said it was perfectly fine as long it was in a well ventilated area.
  • My dr said it's safe. Ive tried twice though, and my hair isn't taking the color right now. It keeps coming out way darker than normal. Hairdresser said some women won't get the same results while pregnant. We talked about it before on here, I think I'm the only one who had that problem.
  • If you read my post I also mentioned my Dr....but thanks.
  • I have premature gray hair and I have had it dyed multiple times during my pregnancy and I had it cleared by my dr so long as it was well-ventilated like they said. The color does not take the same during pregnancy though, that is also true!
  • With my first I kept highlighting my hair the whole pregnancy , every two months. Baby turned out just fine :) this time around though I'm avoiding hair and nail treatments, just because if I don't use chemicals in my home and do everything natural then it seems like the chemicals in hair treatments and stuff isn't quite on path with that. But! Like I said , no problems with my first and I treated my hair regularly
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"