Baby Names
Options

Longer name for Dax?

Found out yesterday that I will be having a boy! I have been set on the name Dax since day one. I've been getting a lot of comments, though, on how it sounds incomplete. I was wondering if anyone has an idea of a longer name for which Dax could be the nickname? His middle name will be Robert, and my last name sounds a lot like Sam-ball. Thank you :)

Re: Longer name for Dax?

• Options
    Daxton
    Daxter
    Dax on it's own sounds nice though, there's no point calling him a longer name if you're only ever going to call him dax
  • Options
    Sassenach1743Sassenach1743 member
    edited March 2015
    Agree with @jacquelineemma, just name him Dax if that is what you plan to call him. 

Also, Dax is a complete name on it's own. Yes it sounds a bit short at first, but it really doesn't have a longer version unless you make one up like Daxton or Daxter, which would just look like a typo. Please do not do this.

Dax Robert is a fine name. If you love it then use it.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay, thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I looked up the actor Dax Shepard to see if he has a longer name I could suggest. But it turns out his name is just Dax. Its not a very common name either so I don't think there will be too many other dax around so it works :)
  • Options
    My nephew is Dax! No need for a longer name, Dax can stand alone. Great choice :)
  • Options
    I think just Dax is fine.  I feel like if you tried to make a longer name for it it would just end up sounding youneek.  
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Options
    EXL311 said:

I think just Dax is fine.  I feel like if you tried to make a longer name for it it would just end up sounding youneek.  

That is literally the last thing I want, lol.
  • Options
    I don't see the appeal of Dax. At all. It sounds very harsh to the ear and kind of goofy to be honest.
  • Options
    Dexter nn Dex?
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    Dax is fine on its own, there's not really a good longer version. A friend of mine just named their baby Dax.

Dax Robert sounds fine.
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"