Baby Names

Boy Name Struggles

I really need help, just 5 weeks left and my partner and I cant decide on a name.
I want something new-ish and not so common because I don't want very common names eg, Tom, max, Daniel, John. Or very biblical names, but I also don't want very out there names, eg. asterix, star, Neptune etc etc.
I'm begining to think that there's really no in between. please help me if you can??

Last name is Nicholson

Re: Boy Name Struggles

• If you have chosen a name that I'm choosing against I'm not saying it's a bad name or you shouldn't choose it, it's just not what I want so please don't take offence
  • Are there any that you like so far? It might help when thinking of suggestions
  • Loading the player...
  • Sassenach1743Sassenach1743 member
    edited March 2015
    Devon
    Morgan
    Bailey
    Tristan
    Rhys
    Casey
    Spencer
    Riley
    Brooks
    Cameron
    Carey
    Indigo
    Jamie
    Jess or Jessie
    Jules
    Kelsey
    Leigh
    Loren
    Quinn
    Robin
    Sage
    Tobias (nickname Toby)

ETA: these are mostly unisex names or names I thought were different but not too out there. Also would help if you gave a few names that you do like and/or if you have a middle name preference (e.g. family name)?
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Are there any that you like so far? It might help when thinking of suggestions

Yeah.. Are there a few names you even somewhat like? To give an idea of your style?
  • My partner likes Noah or isaac, I'm not sure about those, I like Hudson and mason or zeke or levi but my partner doesn't like any of those
  • Also I wanted Joseph as the middle name after my late grandpa's middle name but my partner isn't too keen on that
  • I really live Levi, that's a great mix on a name with a full history, yet uncommon enough.
  • Yeah I love it, too bad my partner is so against it haha
  • My partner likes Noah or isaac, I'm not sure about those, I like Hudson and mason or zeke or levi but my partner doesn't like any of those

Isaac, Noah, and Levi are all biblical. Zeke is the short form of Ezekiel, which is also biblical. All are great choices and work with the middle name Joseph. Pity you can't agree on one.

Hudson and Mason are both very popular surnames being used as first names. Plus, they both end in SON like your surname Nicholson. That creates a redundant sound. Not good, IMO. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Yes I know, very biblical, Which is why we've really been struggling to decide or come up with more
  • Rhett, Grant, Wyatt, Jesse, Atlas, Ira, Magnus, Ralph, Jett
  • What about...

Ezra
    Abel
    Caleb
    Cyrus
    Eli
    Gideon
    Jedidiah (nickname Jed)
    Jericho
    Jonah
    Jude
    Micah
    Rufus
    Seth
    Silas
    Simon
    Solomon
    Thaddeus (nickname Tad)

Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Those are all pretty nice, not ones that have been suggested before. Thanks heaps
  • Elijah could be a good common ground. Nickname Eli.

Other names. ...
    Gavin
    Asher
    Dax
    Teagan
    Nolan
    Evan
    Rhys
    Chase
    Reid
    Pierce
    Preston
    Kai

Sorry if there are repeats
  • There's so many unique names out there for a boy, you just have to think about it all. Your partner gonna have stop being so picky or you might go home with a nameless baby lol. Do you guys have any top names picked out?
  • No top names cause there's none we agree on and none that really stand out
  • Beckett
    Jett
    Kace
    Orion
    Maverick
  • Isaac Joseph is a great name nn Ike great too and seems to fit both yours and partners styles. I would like to add Dashiell nn Dash, Conrad, Vincent nn Vinny, Dominic
  • What about Gabriel nn Gabe?
  • My DS is Ryder I love it! Ryder Nicholson sounds nice :)
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    Jonas
    Bennett
    Asher
    Micah
    Chase
    Ellis
    Donovan
    Everett
    Trenton
    Tristan
    Landon
    Blake
    Cooper
    Bryce
    Wesley
    Xander
    Keegan
    Lane
    Dawson
    Colby
    Brooks
    Tate
    Damian
    Alec
    Kieran
    Ronan/Rowan
    Embry
  • I really like Simon Joseph Nicholson. You have got a lot of great suggestions.

Other ideas...

Gregory
    Colton
    Wyatt
    Weston
    Ian
    Cade
    Brock
    Carson
    Corbin
    Dean
    Elliott
    Stewart
    Dalton
    Felix
    Jude
    Joel
    Gavin
    Grady
    Hugo
    Holden
    Waylon
    Byron
    Brent
    Bryant
    Marcus
    Connor
    Callum
    Alec
    Asa
    Brendan
    Bryce
    Justus
    Carter
    Kingston
    Knox
    Lance
    Leland
    Lucian
    Leo
    Miles
    Reid
    Roland
    Ryland
    Spencer
    Ty
    Troy
    Uriah
    Trent
    Wade
    Zane
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Jonah. Judah. Franklin. Vance. Xavier. Malachi. Theodore. Bennett. Henrik. Garrett. Donovan.
  • Very different suggestions that my friends and family have given me, that's guys!!!!
  • I've always loved the name Sander for a boy. So glad my fiancée does too!!
  • We're going with Simon (not because it is biblical) and we were going to go w/the middle name Joseph, however,we did end up changing the middle name.  So I am a little biased to Simon :-) haha, but good luck choosing! It is definitely tough and my husband and I were the same in the sense that we didn't want anything too common or crazy abstract.
  • My brother named his boy Maverick
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"