3rd Trimester

Sharp vaginal pains?

I know I've heard the term "lightning crotch" before but don't really know what causes it! My baby has seemed to drop a bit last Saturday and I've been having these pains ever since then and it's about 5+ times per day. These pains are sharp and sudden like a stabbing pain and they stop you in your tracks and even take your breath away! Has anyone had this and Does anyone know what the cause is?

Re: Sharp vaginal pains?

• I've been having these too a lot lately I'm 35w3d and asked my mw on Tuesday and she said that is just your body doing the preparation like thinning and dilating but she said if any bleeding or any funny colored discharge starts that's when it is concerning so I guess is normal for now
  • It is your baby hitting nerves down there. I said to my ob/gyn it feels like my baby boy is trying to fistpump his way out of there. Sometimes its a slight jolt and others it hurts.
  • Loading the player...
  • It dose become more frequent, as you and baby are preparing down there. I'm 34 weeks, and get lighting crotch everyday.
  • Thanks ladies! I'm almost 32 weeks so I assumed it was probably normal in the last trimester but just wasn't for sure what it was exactly. It sure takes you by surprise sometimes lol!
  • This just started for me today. I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow. It's been on going for the last 2 hours. Is that normal? It'll happen a few times in a minute then stop for a couple minutes then repeat. It's so uncomfortable and I'm actually in tears because i just want it to stop and be able to feel comfortable.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 29w4d and I've been having this. When I sit on the toilet I feel like he's just going to fall out :-S . And sometimes I feel a kinda like burn... that's the best way I can explain it.
  • I ended up asking my dr about it and he checked me and I wasn't dilated or effaced at all so he thinks it's the baby's head hitting a nerve. He said it could be one of those two things but that it's common! Doesn't feel good though that's for sure!
  • Ended up in l&d last night about this. I'm now 35w4d.

The stabbing pain was so intense I had to hold onto the wall.

I'm 2cm and 60% effaced.

Baby's head is pressing on a nerve and that's why the horrific pain.

• Ended up in l&d last night about this. I'm now 35w4d.

The stabbing pain was so intense I had to hold onto the wall.

I'm 2cm and 60% effaced.

Baby's head is pressing on a nerve and that's why the horrific pain.

Wow, sounds horrible. Hope you're feeling better now. 
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Better today. On pelvic bedrest. I have my 36 week appt Thursday. Praying baby stays in til then. Goal is 37 weeks. (I'm high risk. My son was born at 30 weeks).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"