February 2015 Moms
Options

Infection Already :(

My little one is already on antibiotics :( He has an infected nail bed and it looks like a massive blister on his little middle finger.
I know it's not serious but i'm really upset that he already needs to be on antibiotics and is only 2 weeks old. Hopefully it passes soon.

The Pediatrician said it's something that just happens due to the babies poor immune system and that it couldn't have been prevented. 

Has anyone else experienced this? I hope it doesn't mean he has a poor immune system :(

Re: Infection Already :(

• Options
    CutieBug1 said:

My little one is already on antibiotics :( He has an infected nail bed and it looks like a massive blister on his little middle finger.

I know it's not serious but i'm really upset that he already needs to be on antibiotics and is only 2 weeks old. Hopefully it passes soon.

The Pediatrician said it's something that just happens due to the babies poor immune system and that it couldn't have been prevented. 

Has anyone else experienced this? I hope it doesn't mean he has a poor immune system :(
    All NBs have a low immune system. Hope LO feels better soon.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Grapes13Grapes13 member
    edited March 2015
    Well only five days after my LO was born I noticed a few bumps around his diaper area, the looked like pimples. The pedi told me it's staph infection- first we just applied a topical antibiotic like polysporan. But after a week and seeing it spread he was put on an antibiotic. After 7 days of that I noticed it came back!! So I'm calling the doctor tomorrow morning to figure out what to do.. I am more worried about his infection than him taking the meds. I trust his doctor, so that helps! I just wish the poor kid could get better, staph can get really bad... I just want it gone :(
  • Options
    Sorry for the late response @grapes13 my internet has been out of action.
    How is your LO going now? Hopefully the infection has cleared and not giving you any more headaches! 
    My LO's finger still looks a bit red but it is a lot better than it was before.
    It's not our fault about the infection - I know i had guiltymummy complex...and it's ridiculous...these things happen, they're common and we're looking after our LOs..
    best wishes for your LO!

• Options
    CutieBug1 said:

Sorry for the late response @grapes13 my internet has been out of action.

How is your LO going now? Hopefully the infection has cleared and not giving you any more headaches! 
    My LO's finger still looks a bit red but it is a lot better than it was before.
    It's not our fault about the infection - I know i had guiltymummy complex...and it's ridiculous...these things happen, they're common and we're looking after our LOs..
    best wishes for your LO!

Lol now that he is here I am hardly ever getting a moment to look at this! So I'm responding late! His rash is still there but the doctor change his mind on what he thinks it is. We stopped the antibiotics and are just waiting to see if it gets better on it's own. So far it's looking better which is good! I'm just paranoid that I'm not doing something right!
    I hope your LO is doing better too!!!
  • Options
    @grapes13 I know exactly what you mean about the time thing!!!!! I have no idea how so many can still type every day!! I'm having problems breastfeeding so that's probably eating all my time up...

Glad to hear your LO's condition is not as bad as originally thought! My LO has finished his antibiotic course and his finger is a lot better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"