April 2014 Moms
Options

Birthday present ideas

Other than a few books and some necessities (like spill-proof snack bowls), I'm at a loss as to what to get DD for her birthday. What is everyone else planning? We kept it pretty small for Christmas too. We could actually use some new toys, but I have no ideas. Gimme yours!

Re: Birthday present ideas

• Options
    I think we are gonna get a Little Tikes/Step2 playhouse for the backyard. I'm gonna try to find one at an upcoming consignment sale. If I can't find one there, we may just buy new. Pricey but both kids will use it.

If not I'm thinking about a small indoor ball pit because the kids loves balls.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Swim lessons! Also, Old navy has silly bathing suit and summer stuff! I was thinking some of those outfits and or asking anyone buying presents for those. Also thinking about any developmental toys and some better books- like those with large pictures and one word to start practicing once she's starting to talk.
    Can't believe these babies are almost 1!!!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH is really into skateboarding, he's getting DS a mini skateboard.  I'll probably grab him a couple of outfits but that's about it.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are buying a bookcase so she can start her own little library (I'm a bibliophile if you can't tell)

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Options

DH is really into skateboarding, he's getting DS a mini skateboard.  I'll probably grab him a couple of outfits but that's about it.

Wow! A mini skateboard? I would be very impressed if my little could tackle that!

• Options
    Right now I've got a toy (fisher price little people vet clinic- super cute!) but on his list I've got: plastic pool, lifejacket, beach toys. He's not going to know if he doesn't get to play with any of it until summer!
  • Options
    Swim lessons is a great idea! Stealing that one!
  • Options
    DD big gift will be a ride on toy, and we are getting her a book and some things she will need soon like a sun hat, sun glasses, a wipe-able bib, extra sippy cups, and plates. 

Other ideas I have a are for summer outside toys like a water table toy for summer, outside hanging swing, splashmatt or baby pool. If you don't already have a convertible carseat or walking shoes those could be an option. 
  • Options
    I'm making her a wooden personalized growth chart for sure. I've also been searching Craigslist for a wooden toy box that I could refurbish and personalize. Doing both might be pushing it so we will see.
  • Options
    @twohunts ~ Right now DS basically uses DH's skateboard as a riding toy.  He sits on it with one leg on and one leg off and pushes himself around.  I'm sure when he can stand on his own DH will be in a hurry to get him to the skate park.  
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dh and I are taking Lo to the children's museum and then to build a bear. Our families are getting him outside toys. I am creating this super cute outdoor area under our deck in the shade. He is getting a slide, picnic table, sandbox and water table. I plan on getting a big outdoor rug to put everything on and make it cozy. Can you tell I'm excited? Ha!

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"