1st Trimester

Scared, 4 weeks pregnant and no symptoms

Hi there, I would really appreciate some advice.

I got pregnant on my first IVF cycle after 2 years of TTC. I am 4 weeks along today. Up until yesterday, I had very sensitive boobs, however, this morning they feel normal. I also had cramping that have stopped. I am taking progesterone suppositories which will prevent my period from arriving, so I will have no idea if the baby is still growing or not. The results of my second beta test showed that HCG has doubled as it should, but now I have to wait 2 weeks for my first scan. Why would I have a symptom one day and not the next? The stress is preventing me from enjoying this.

Re: Scared, 4 weeks pregnant and no symptoms

• Ivf mama here to, I know it's worrying, after waiting and trying so hard to fall pregnant. It's hard not to read into every little thing. Symptoms will come and go throughout your pregnancy, they all have no relevance to a healthy pregnancy. Your Hgc is doubling, that's the best sign you can have.
  • As the pp has said symptoms can come and go, so I would try not to worry about that too much. Your hcg levels are doubling and that is what's important, not what symptoms you are having. Congratulations!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • If HGC is doubling, that's a good sign. I can see why you'd be so stressed out but know that symptoms come and go with pregnancy and might not last forever.  Don't let stress take away from this amazing and beautiful time in your life! Enjoy it - you're pregnant! :)
  • Try not to look at your symptoms or lack of symptoms for insight into the health and viability of pregnancy; it'll be about as accurate a Magic 8 ball. Just enjoy the time you are symptom-free. 
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • MiromiMMiromiM member
    edited March 2015
    Similar to you, I'm a FTM who got pregnant after my first IVF. I didn't have any symptoms until around week 6. Some people don't have any symptoms at all and have perfectly healthy pregnancies.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for all the replies. I still have no symptoms, actually, I feel great. All I have to do is to stay calm while I wait for the sonar.
  • @ElsieVW , hi! Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy!, I'm currently 10 +6 with number four and I just wanted to help to put your mind at ease a little as I know pregnancy can be such a scary time, especially the 1st Tri!, and knowing you tried so hard for your bundle your bound to be feeling very nervous... Firstly I never actually had morning sickness/ symptoms with any pregnancy until 7 weeks usually and this time 6 weeks, but have definitely noticed the the sore boobs side of things definitely comes and goes for me this time, but in all three of my previous pregnancies I actually never had any change to my boobs except for the very end of pregnancy, the most discomfort I experienced was when my period should have came too and nothing more, if there's anything you feel anxious or worried about I can try my very best to answer, because although I'm on baby number 4 I still have so many questions for other mums to be sometimes purely because no pregnancy is the same, take care S x
  • I too needed IVF and this is my first pregnancy. I am almost 7 weeks and I do not have any normal symptoms. The only one I have is my baby implanted on a nerve and my feet feel like they have fallen asleep. Other than that I have no symptoms. My ultrasound this week showed everything was great. Maybe since we had difficulty getting pregnant we will be blessed and have no symptoms. I do know that not every woman gets symptoms so try not to worry.
  • Thanks for all the replies. I am 5 weeks today and still no symptoms. I will go for my first ultrasound next week Tuesday when I will be 6 weeks an 1 day. What should I expect to see on the sonar?

• Hi guys, I wens for my 6 weeks ultrasound yesterday, and i saw the little heartbeat. I still don't have any symptoms. The doctor said I should consider myself lucky. 
  • It's common for symptoms to kick in around 6 wks. I only found out I am pregnant this time (#3) because of morning sickness at six weeks. (Breastfeeding DD#2 meant my cycle was AWOL for 20 mos. post-pregnancy and my cycles had only just cocome back the month before. I took a slightly-too-early pg test when it didn't come back and it was negative, but my OB said it may be irregular as I was still nursing.) No symptoms at all before 6 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • With my first 2 pregnancies I didn't have any nausea or other symptoms until 8 weeks.
  • I hay no symptoms with my first pregnancy. This is my second one, 6w2d still no symptoms. We are on the same boat!!!! Don't say it out loud, some can get really jealous. ;)
    Enjoy!!!
  • I have been pregnant twice & both times my symptoms didn't set in til about 9 weeks... but when they did.... oh me! Vomiting & constant nausea. Oh AND you're unbelievably tired. All. The. Time. It's miserable but you'll love every second of it :) if that makes sense.... lol. Good luck mama :))
  • Didn't begin getting symptoms until around 6 weeks. Consider yourself lucky for now! It's miserable but oh so worth it :)
  • I didn't feel pregnant at all at 4 weeks. Most people don't even know they are pregnant by then. Symptoms for me started at 6 weeks.