Infertility
Options

Waiting for beta to get to zero to start IVF -- timing?

Had a miscarriage and D & C last week at 8 week. One week later my beta is still 6,000 plus light bleeding and cramps and 5 weird pounds that won't go away. Curious of others experiences. We are going to do IVF immediately but have to get betas to zero first. Thanks.

Re: Waiting for beta to get to zero to start IVF -- timing?

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage and D&C at 6 weeks, but my beta was never as high as yours and I didn't have any bleeding or cramping after the first week. My beta was essentially zero at about 2.5 weeks. However, I'm sure that you will need to wait to cycle until after you've had a regular period and that usually takes between 6-8 weeks. Mine came exactly six weeks after my D&C.

Good luck.

***************************Loss Mentioned***************************

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN

IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN

IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d

IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
    IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
    IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
    IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist 

Everyone welcome!

• Options
    At two weeks post-D & C Beta still 6,000. My OB is worried that they didn't get it all via the first D & C, but the RE doesn't seem worried at all . . . Did a sonogram this week and he pronounced me "80% healed" with "limited debris." Leaves me not knowing what to think . . . 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine took 6 weeks. It sucks. I'd be concerned, too, about your current level. At one week last d&c I was in the 800s.
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Options
    I have a D&C scheduled for Friday after loosing twins at 9 weeks. My doctor told me to expect it to take about 2 months before everything is zero and I can try IVF again. Sorry for your loss!
  • Options
    I'm one week out and beta is now 800 too. It was super high since I lost twins at 9 weeks so it dropped quickly.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss! We also had a very early MC so I don't know about how long it would take for your levels to return to zero from 6000, but my RE told me even at such an early point that we were at, I needed to wait for a regular period to come prior to starting Estradiol. He said it just gives a better chance for a successful pregnancy if everything is healed up. Good luck to you! Please let us know what happens?
  • Options
    In the end my OB correctly diagnosed me as having had an incomplete D and C. I did one course of Cytotec, which was unpleasant but did the trick. My betas fell rapidly but took forever to get to 2. At that point I was cleared to begin IVF immediately -- never got my period. RE was not worried as all was very quiet with reproductive system. Now in the throes of IVF.
  • Options
    @Knottie01061671 I'm so sorry for your loss...I just commented on your other post to congratulate you... I'm sorry I didn't see this one until now.  I experienced a miscarriage at week 12, found out the baby stopped growing at week 8 but I was on progesterone from the FET so it prolonged the pregnancy... the D&C was not fun.... I took a year off and I'm about to do our second FET.  Thinking of you and sending you lots of baby dust for this time around! Just try to stay positive, if you RE offers acupuncture, I did that before and after the transfer, took a few days off of work and stayed home to relax and watch funny movies... thats what I plan on doing this time around too. 
    ******Siggy Warning Loss Mentioned******

Me = 34 Unexplained IF/ Ovulation Issues
    DH = 34 Perfect
    TTC 4 Years
    Married 7, together 15 years.
    1 miscarriage at 18 years old
    3 Failed IUI's with injectables
    NEXGEN IVF Study at RMA March 2014
    Resulted in 8 embryos
    FET #1: April 2014, loss at 11 weeks
    FET #2: July 2015. Walker born 2/26/16! 

Currently waiting for AF, Starting FET #3 January 2017!
    4 more frozen embryos!