2nd Trimester
Options

Baby hasn't moved?

Hi everyone. I am 20 weeks and 5 days. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I haven't felt the baby move. Sometimes at work I think I feel the baby. But I'm never sure because im always moving and the feeling is usually at night when we are closing down. Which worries me bc with my two older kids now 6 and 8 I felt them move at about 17/18 weeks. I guess I'm just a bit worried.

Re: Baby hasn't moved?

• Options
    Do you know where your placenta is? I have an anterior placenta, and I started feeling the very faintest movements at 22 weeks.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Options
    Do you know where the placenta is placed? Sometimes if it's across the front of your stomach, rather than around by your spine, it can muffle baby's movements, so you don't feel them so early.

Having an anterior or posterior placenta doesn't mean anything in terms of health of pregnancy, it's just one of those random things.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No idk where it is. I have a check up on Thursday and my anatomy scan Thursday. So I will be sure to ask. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I didn't start to feel DD consistently until well into 28 weeks. I remember calling in to my OB at 26 weeks and he felt that I could come in and get checked out for my own peace of mind, but just didn't feel it to be a medical necessity. I started to feel her move later that day. I think we are not always aware either. Even into last weeks before delivery she wasn't an overly active baby in the womb. I thought that might translate into a calm, relaxed child ...NOPE. She has a huge personality and I love it. Ultimately go with your mommy instincts and at least call your OB to consult If you're concerned. Good luck!
  • Options
    I was 21 weeks before I reliably felt anything I couldn't pass off as muscle twitches.
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• Options
    I only have one child, so I have nothing to compare to. I would say it was probably around 24-25 weeks when I could feel him move. About 21-23 weeks I could feel him putting pressure on different places after he moved, but I doesn't feel him move. I saw him move on the ultra sound. My mom kept asking if I felt him move yet, and I always told her no. Then she'd say, really? I told her if I was going to pick something to lie about, I'd pick something better than that.

Anyway, I didn't feel him because I had an anterior placenta. I couldn't feel him until he was bigger and stronger. I was told not to worry about it.
  • Options
    I am 19 weeks and havent felt the baby either. My doctor says it is normal and they dont tend to get concerned until your up around 25 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This was going to be my question. All of your responses are so helpful. I am 18 weeks no kicks but I feel so much pressure in my pelvic area.
  • Options
    I'm so glad to see this. I'm 19w 3d and haven't felt anything yet. Its hard not to worry!
    Mom to AJ: 2/16/2012

Elliott Woodson due 8/2/2015!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! My placenta is at the top of my uterus and it curves. Which can either cause low weight or to much weight gain for baby. So they will do a scan at every 4 weeks appointment. He is healthy and very active. He moves anytime my dr puts the monitor on my belly and he kept kicking the ultrasound techs camera at my anatomy scan. Just be patient other mommies. Trust me I know it's hard not to worry. But talking to your dr will help ease the pain. And thank you so much to the answer and help you provided. :).
  • Options
    I'm so glad I found this. I'm 19w2d and still haven't felt baby number 2. I felt my first at 19w3d but I also don't know where my placenta is. My anatomy scan is later today so hopefully I get some answers. Glad to know I'm not alone!
  • Options
    I'm 18w 5d, and haven't felt noticed the baby move in a couple of days. This is my second so I felt movements much earlier, but they have been inconsistent. Still, this is the longest it's been. I looked at my most recent paperwork and it says the placenta is anterior but I have felt significant movement before. Has anyone had a similar experience?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"