Trouble TTC
Options

Newbie- looking for friends

Hey Everyone!  My name is Emily and I have ben TTC for 16 months.  I have done blood tests, ultra sound and HSG.  My problems are that my periods are not regular and my last 2 blood tests my progesterone was really low.  I am on my first round of clomid. I was ovulating last year, but my last 2 cycles I didn't.  My S.O. was also tested and everything on his end was fine.  I haven't told any of my family what is going on.  I have a few friends that know, because they too have had trouble TTC. I just want to know if anyone has had similar problems and what my next steps are going to look like.  Thank you!

Re: Newbie- looking for friends

• Options
    Hi Emily! I just took my first clomid tablet today 50mg. I have PCOS and have been TTC for a year or so. Hoping for not to many side effects other then ovulation ;) how are you feeling?
    I have told a couple of friends too but havent let family know, I find it hard especially when they had no trouble with popping out 3 or so kids...am im not heaps close with my mum.
    Wishing u all the best of luck!
  • Options
    I've only been trying for 6 months, I have extremely irregular periods and another history of ovarian cysts. My dr put me on progesterone for 5 days to get my period going and I was supposed to have an ultrasound and see a fertility dr on Thursday so they needed to reschedule....another long 2 weeks. Ultimately I don't really know what the next step for me is yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! I have a similar situation; have very irregular periods, so I do know what that's like, but I don't have any treatment yet, waiting for my upcoming appointments. So far I'm just on Levothyroxine, which made them come every 2 months, started working out per my RE's instructions, and that made it worse. DH was tested, and he was fine as well.
    So I'm not sure what your next steps will be, but hang in there!

• Options
    I'm feeling OK.  I'm on day 19 and still haven't gotten a positive OPK.  On day 13 I had some noticable cramps, I think thats a good sign.  I agree with how hard it is to tell people.  Its a hard conversation to start.  Good luck on your first cycle!
  • Options
    Thanks Emily. Hopefully that means things are happening for u :)
    My biggest struggle is when family continually asks...so when are starting a family? U dont want to leave it to much longer...my response...yeah one day :) as I secretly break a little more inside.
    Im sure if they knew I was having trouble they might support or stop asking at least but I kinda feel ashamed or embarrassed that im having trouble. ..I know I shouldnt but I do...
    Ive got my fingers crossed for u for this cycle too!
  • Options
    starkoley said:

My biggest struggle is when family continually asks...so when are starting a family? U dont want to leave it to much longer...my response...yeah one day :) as I secretly break a little more inside.

I know exactly how you feel!  I get it from family, work and some friends.  The old guy I work with says something almost everyday.  It's too much some days and I just walk away to avoid snapping at him.  I haven't had a positive OPK, so it looks like I get to get my blood drawn tomorrow.  How are you doing with Clomid?
  • Options
    I am on day 4 of clomid and having no side effects at all...which I was hoping for but I kinda feel like I want some side effects as that might indicate its doing something to change my body which is crazy, who wants headaches and mood swings lol.
  • Options
    I know what you mean. I was suppose to get a blood draw this morning but finally got a positive OPK. I'm glad I tested even though I was told to only test to day 20. Hope it works!
  • Options
    I havent used a OPK yet, dont know too much about them. I took my last clomid pill today so now to do the deed a few times and fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    Hello Ladies,

Good luck to you guys - exciting watching this journey.  I have been prescribed Clomid, but have a period currently that I need to finish with.  When I am lucky enough to get a period it won't stop (on day 16)!

I am anxiously waiting to start Clomid and share my progress.
    DX: PCOS (no cysts)

History:

Cycle 1 Clomid (50mg):  Monitored with 17mm follicle ovulated on my own - BFN
    Cylcle 2 Clomid (50mg): July - August 20 -  Monitored with 22mm follicle - HCG Trigger shot - AF arrived DPO 24
    Cycle 3 Clomid (100mg): Monitored with 26mm - no trigger - AF arrived DPO 13
  • Options
    Hello ladies. I know I'm a few days behind on this thread but I just wanted to put in my support and say I know exactly how you feel when you don't want to tell your family but then have to deal with constant "attacks" by people wanting to know when you'll have a family. I even skipped Christmas so I didn't have to deal with certain relatives who have gone so far as to bluntly ask if I'm "even trying". Maybe we can all find some good supportive friends in each other?
  • Options
    I walked into the the in laws family party Christmas Day and the first thing someone said was 'is there a big announcement?!?!'
    Nope!
    It's not easy.
  • Options
    I hear you with the family! Four years ago when we got engaged, my father in law already started talking about how excited he was to become a grandfather. Because we were getting constant questionning (or people staring at my stomach if I wore a lose shirt or if I wasn't drinking alcohol) we ended up telling people we were trying and that when we'd have good news to share, we would gladly do so. People started backing off. Then when we started the whole fertility process, I was pretty open about that too, and people have been good (for the most part...). Talking openly about our struggles has also allowed me to meet SO many people who have gone through a similar journey. It's nice not to feel so alone, especially when it seems that everyone else is getting pregnant. Having fertility problems should be nothing to be ashamed of! Good luck to you all!
  • Options

I actually did try telling one family member about our struggles when asked and they looked at me and said "You're young. You must not be doing it right." So since then, it's a need to know basis only with those I know will be positive and supportive. Everyone else gets either a shrug or "you'll know when I know." 

• Options
    Ugh...that's awful! It's amazing how insensitive some people can be. My sister is currently 14 weeks along, and got preggo her first month of trying with her boyfriend of one year she just moved in with. Before she even tried, she told me that she really hoped she'd be able to get pregnant as she was our parents only hope of having grandkids at this point. And then once pregnant (as we were starting our fertility tx), she told me that if anything it's wasn't the end of the world if I couldn't have a kid of my own, at least I'd be an auntie. Because that really makes up for it all. Needless to say, I'm having a really hard time being supportive.
  • Options
    els92els92 member
    I'm also on my first round of Clomid (50mg) this month. 

I am the youngest of 5 girls and the only one without more than 2 children. I feel like my family just wouldn't understand. I told a close friend right before my first appointment with my RE and she was very supportive - that was 4 months ago - she found out she was pregnant just a few weeks later. I feel like I am all alone in the universe! 

I guess that was just my long way of letting you know that I am here if you ever want to chat :)
  • Options

@els92 : I know how you feel in regards to the close friend. I feel like I only have 1 close friend I could confide in. However she announced she was pregnant back in Oct. She was very gentle about it and made sure to tell me in private and I've since gotten over my "grudge".  I know it feels tough but I think if your friend is really understanding she will also understand when you aren't as excited as she wishes you would be. MY friend however, has been invaluable as a support system even though she's pregnant, she spends more time researching what I'm going through just so she can understand me and help me. Just remember her being pregnant doesn't change who she is. But feel free to take some time to yourself to come to terms with everything.

I hope that makes sense...let me know if it doesn't

• Options
    els92els92 member
    She is trying, I can see that. But the growing baby belly pics that are posted all over doesn't help. I try to keep it to myself, I don't want to take this time away from her!
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm brand new here too. Having my HSG done next week and a bit nervous about it. How did yours go?
  • Options
    @els92 : I suppose it's helpful that my friend is not on facebook or big about flaunting this. Maybe feel free to hide her pictures for now? 

@AshElizabeth4 : Don't know yet.
  • Options
    els92els92 member
    @luvfun10 - Just checking in to see how Clomid is treating you - have you been able to test yet?