only put LO in front of TV when I NEED a break
8% 3 votes
LOs watches TV all day long
2% 1 vote
ss
16% 6 votes

Re: Monday poll of the day

• Options
    LO pays attention to the TV infrequently, although it is on often.  The only programs I ever actually put on when he is really irritable are Frozen or Lilo&Stitch, and that's just to listen to the music while I bounce him as a distraction.  He does 'watch' tv with his dad in an effort to get him to nap next to him - it works well for him, so I don't fault him for it.  I never put shows on just to entertain him though.
  • Options
    Sometimes I am terrible and it seems that if there isn't TV on in the background then she starts freaking out sooner. If the TV is on then she can entertain herself for at least an hour. The funny thing is that she doesn't even watch the TV! I tried music but it seems that only TV will work. Mostly though, I leave the TV off and deal with her freaking out

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    While the TV is on a lot, DD doesn't really pay attention to it unless music starts playing , then she likes to dance. My 3 year old DS on the other hand probably watches too much. He gets to watch a show in the morning while we get ready, pick one show to watch right before bedtime to calm down and snuggle, then he gets to watch a movie in bed until he falls a sleep. Movie in bed is the only way to keep him in bed until he falls a sleep and it works for us. On the weekend he watches more when we need to get housework etc done and nothing else is working to entertain him. 
  • Options
    Ss: the tv is on but lo is too busy to watch it.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• Options
    I don't put shows on specifically for LO to watch. Usually during the day the TV is off at our house, and then I put it on late afternoon for my own sanity/distraction because the days get loooooong when LO is up at 6 and we're stuck in the house all day in this frigid weather! He just plays while the TV is on, but stops to watch the opening to the Big Bang Theory every time.
  • Options
    Same as everyone else. For the most part LO doesn't pay any attention to the tv. Although the other day I noticed her watching it so I turned it off. I'm not ready to have Micky mouse and all those other shows on 24/7!
  • Options
    smushi said:

LO pays attention to the TV infrequently, although it is on often.  The only programs I ever actually put on when he is really irritable are Frozen or Lilo&Stitch, and that's just to listen to the music while I bounce him as a distraction.  He does 'watch' tv with his dad in an effort to get him to nap next to him - it works well for him, so I don't fault him for it.  I never put shows on just to entertain him though.

This, almost exactly. The tv is rarely on when I am with LO during the day, but it is on in the background in the evening and on weekends. Mostly he seems rather uninterested. Though in the middle of the night when dealing with teething pain the other night, we watched a PBS program about WW 2 bunkers together. Ha.
  • Options
    AmberLiz99AmberLiz99 member
    edited March 2015
    My 3 year old gets to watch one 20 minute show during dd's afternoon nap, otherwise the TV stays off during the day. Dd doesn't watch any and isn't around it when I'm home. It's tempting, especially since I work from home, but so far I've successfully avoided it.

That being said I know that dh is way more lax about it on Saturdays when I'm working.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I chose "a little" I have a 3 yr old who gets a show in the morning and one after nap..LO has started to pay attention to bits & pieces of Barney, Thomas the train & Baby Einstein.

*shrugs* poor second baby.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    LO watches Sesame Street, usually early weekend mornings (6 am) when I need some coffee and time to wake up. She LOVES the puppets and they make her face light up. Of course, this child has two Elmo dolls that she carries everywhere, so...

TTC #1 since 2011

Me: 36, anovulatory PCOS; DH: 34, fine

Sophia Juliet conceived through IVF and born April 15, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When DH is home, the tv is always on so occasionally he will put a show on for her. She'll only watch if there are live babies...so narcissistic! Otherwise, when it's just me, or the nanny, the tv is off. The way we watch tv when we're home, she'll be taken to the dark side soon enough.

• Options
    I just discovered a way to get snuggle time. Playing a movie on my phone with DD curled up on my chest. I know I shouldn't let her get too much screen time, but she NEVER snuggles and I can't help myself, I want it!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Options
    I usually have the tv on food network or hgtv during the day. She doesn't watch it bc we're busy playing. I like having it on for background noise.

I've put a baby Einstein on for her a couple of times to see what she would think. She likes the puppets but only watches for a couple of minutes before she's done. I'm not terribly worried about screen time, but I'm sure I will be when she finds a show she likes!
  • Options
    I'm a TV-a-holic and could watch TV alllllll day. However Ive been very proud of myself for only watching my shows while ds naps or sometimes ill put on the cooking channel while I'm cooking and we both "watch". Ds also loves Mickey mouse clubhouse and doc mcstuffins, so ill sometimes let him watch those after his bottle. My parents are the worst though. They have 5 grandchildren and think the only way to entertain them is to stick them in front of the TV. (probably explains why I'm an addict.)
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Dr. Seuss
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"