April 2014 Moms

What does your LO's daily menu look like?

edited March 2015 in April 2014 Moms
About how many ounces of protein? Do you do snacks? If so what kind?

Just asking as we are growing like a weed and wanted to get a feel for if she's on track with her fellow little people in terms of how many meals, quantity and snacking.

Thanks ladies!

Re: What does your LO's daily menu look like?

• So, we based our amounts off a variety of sources, but for all we know, we could be doing this TOTALLY wrong. Here is an example of a day when I work:

6 am - wake up, breastfeed
    9 am - about 3-4 spoonfuls plain yogurt mixed with two tablespoons puréed fruit, 15 puffs, 6 ounces BM
    12 - 2 tablespoons ground meat (seasoned), two tablespoons veggies, attempt one tablespoon fruit but she rarely eats just plain fruit we give her, and 6 ounces BM
    3 pm - snack; we used to do 3 ice cubes of purée but she won't eat it now, so lately it's been something like a handful of sweet potato fries or apple pancakes and 6 ounces of BM
    6ish - dinner repeated something like lunch. We've started to be able to give her some of the things we have been eating for dinner, such as spaghetti, BBQ chicken, fajitas, etc
    Bedtime - Breastfeed
  • DS has 3 meals a day breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He usually has a snack as well. Have started trying CM here and there usually has sippy of juice too. He will eat a waffle a cut up string cheese and some fruit or veggie for breakfast. Similar for other meals but usually what I have, and a whole banana for snack time.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't measure protein or anything, I just make sure LO has had both fruits and veggies during the day. I've just been offering LO food/formula when hungry, and the following schedule evolved on its own:

Wake-up: 6oz formula
    Breakfast: cereal, fruit, egg, water in a sippy
    Naptime: 6oz formula
    Lunch: whatever I am having! Grilled cheese, omelette, French toast, etc plus fruit or veggie, water in a sippy, 6oz formula
    Naptime: 6oz formula
    Snack: applesauce or yogurt, whole milk in a sippy, 6oz formula
    Dinner: whatever we are having! Veggies included, whole milk in a sippy, and 6oz formula
    Bedtime: 8oz formula

He's 26lbs and he still doesn't consume a lot of solids when offered, which is why he consumes so much formula. All the books/advice says to offer formula first, but I offer solids first to try to encourage him to eat more.
  • I do three meals and 4-5 breastfeeding sessions before naps, bed time and then in the night. I asked a while ago and the thing I took away is to try to hit every food group daily so I try to do that. I doubt she's eating ozs of anything but she puts on a good show. She never did puréed food, though I tried, so I do finger goods for her.
  • DD usually takes 25-30 oz of pumped BM a day. 3 meals and two snacks with water in a sippy at each meal.
    Breakfast is usually scrambled egg, some dry cereal and/or yogurt
    Lunch is usually a 3.5 oz puree of fruit/veggy and some little finger foods
    Dinner another 3.5 oz puree and a sample of what we are having like some shredded chicken, shredded cheese etc
    She also usually gets two snacks one is dry cereal or crackers and the other is cut up fruit or veggy like banana or avacado
  • DS has three 8oz portions of formula a day. Two from a sippy and one from a bottle. He has three meals a day plus two snacks. One after his afternoon nap and one before bed. He loves food and eats like a champ! For lunch today he had two tablespoons of cooked peas/carrots, two pieces of turkey, a slice of cheese, blueberries, and sugar free jello. He sat at the table for 45 mins. He is about 31.75 inches tall and 24 lbs.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"