2nd Trimester
Options

Placenta Abruption any ladies experienced this while pregnant?

Im 20 weeks pregnant and thought things where going great untill i woke up one morning soaked in blood and passed a huge clot the size of my hand. I was terrified that i had lost the baby thankfully when i was given the ultrasound the baby seemed actived and not effected by the bleeding , i was so relieved. The doctor said i had a minor abruption on the edge of my placenta and that i should be a bed rest for a week. Im still spotting and it seems to be worst when i get up to shower. Im going to give the clinic a call tomorrow to see if i should be checked again. I also work a very physical job as a nurse in a nursing home. Returning to work would be a no no i would think ?

Any advice ladies this is my first pregnancy and im very terrified of losing my child :(

Re: Placenta Abruption any ladies experienced this while pregnant?

• Options
    You'll have to ask your doctor's advice about returning to work, they are the only ones familiar enough with you and your pregnancy to make the call about whether or not you should be working. 
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• Options
    I had a placental abruption during labor with my son. It was scary then, but I was full term, I can only imagine how scary it was for you this soon! I would ask your Dr lots of questions and follow their advice closely. If they say rest, then rest. When mine occurred they were worried about my son going into distress. I would take it seriously to be on the safe side. Best of luck!! And don't be afraid to call your doctor and ask questions. I think it's better to be safe than sorry.
    Baby Girl, Teagan Rae, due June 2nd!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kayba3kayba3 member
    edited March 2015
    I had a partial separation on the edge of the placenta a couple weeks ago. I was also put on bedrest/pelvic rest. The bleeding stopped a couple days after. At my 12 week ultrasound they said the blood surrounding the baby was gone and the tear was still there. But baby is growing healthy. They've been keeping a close eye on it. They did say it was probably caused by "chronic high blood pressure". I hope everything ends up okay for you. It's scary and at 20 weeks when you're so close to viability for that sweet baby. Take it easy
  • Options
    This happened to me at 36 weeks, I was far enough along that they just induced me. Everything was fine and both I and my son were healthy. I have been cautious about it this pregnancy. I would definitely keep in close contact with your doctor though.
  • Options
    It happened to my cousin. She was 26 weeks. She had a tear in her placenta and ended up delivering early. But her daughter was fine. Very small (she weighed 1lb 12oz), but that was about the only thing wrong. She stayed in the hospital for about 3 months to gain weight. Now she's a thriving 3 year old!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"