Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

ttc with allergies

Anyone else have allergies and ttc? I can't take my normal meds(per doctors advice) because they dry out my whole body. I use a medi rinse (similar to a nedi pot) but sometimes it just doesn't hack it. Any ideas? Anything work for anyone else?

Re: ttc with allergies

• Options
    I take a slew of antihistamines. It makes charting my CM more difficult but not Impossible. Try gaufenesin or mucinex to help produce more cm.
    drinking more water helps too.
  • Options
    I have heard that mucinex does not help you produce more cm, but actually that it could thin out any cm you do have. Drinking more water couldn't hurt though.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm drinking more water but my doctor said allergie pills can really inhibit fertility so I've been avoiding them. I'm feeling like my allergies may be linked at least partially to my hormones. (Or its a terrible coincidence) the last 3 cycles I've noticed they get really bad on or right near ovulation. This makes me extra nervous about taking it and it drying up my cm.
  • Options
    Is benadryl safe when ttc?
  • Options
    Benedryl is safe but it can make you tired!
    Have you tried essential oils? I use them to combat my allergies
    m/c April '08
    DD#1 born June '09
    DD#2 born April '11
    TTC #3 as of July '14

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    dmsmth said:

Benedryl is safe but it can make you tired!
    Have you tried essential oils? I use them to combat my allergies

This is what I was hoping for! More natural ways to deal with them! Which ones work for you? Benedryl is safe but it both makes me sleepy and dries my cm which obviously works against the whole ttc thing.
  • Options
    clorh2clorh2 member
    edited January 2018
    Peppermint oil is amazing!  I too notice my allergies get insanely worse around ovulation.  I am currently on allergy shots too.  The allergy shots seem to help me during seasonal allergies but not at ovulation allergy time.  Not sure if it is safe if you are trying to conceive though.
  • Options
    @galactickates Exactly what you said! I had to go back and make sure I was on the right board!!
    Pregnancy Ticker