3rd Trimester
Options

Rhinitis?

Does anyone else have this? Any tops on what helps? Thanks.

Re: Rhinitis?

• Options
    Hate to tell you this, but I have chronic sinusitis and rhinitis, and nothing helps. Have had surgeries twice for the sinusitis. That is pretty much better now. Meds don't help, neti doesn't help, saline spray doesn't help. They just make it tolerable. My prescription allergy meds help now, but the rest is still there, just help allergy symptoms, which can reduce the rest. I'm not pregnant right now though so I can take the meds (don't know if they're contraindicated for pregnancy).
  • Options

Delivering the baby & then being able to take meds will help.  Good luck.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I suffer from this and there are medications that your doctor will let you take to help if the saline, neti pot and such are not working. If you suffer from allergies, my doctor has suggested I take my normal allergy medications and keeping my allergies under control definitely helps. Mucinex is considered safe as well (but definitely talk to your doctor first as he knows your history and it's best they know what you're taking for their records). I only took the meds to get me through the worst of it --- got a cold mid pregnancy and I was miserable. I wasn't sleeping at all because I could not breathe. Now it's annoying but I'm able to sleep so I haven't been taking anything. Good luck and there is a light at the end of the tunnel --- once your little one arrives, things will clear up and be back to normal!
    Baby Girl, Teagan Rae, due June 2nd!
  • Options
    My doc told me I could use flonase. It didn't help me but it works for some. You can also do the neti pot (I prefer the sinus rinse which is basically the same thing). Totally safe while pregnant and other than being really gross, not too bad. I did a rinse twice a day for a few months when I had crud. 
    Just in case you aren't already, drink lots of water. It always helps flush out stuff. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"