TTC after 35

Trigger Experience

cross post from the dark side

So I was told I would ovulate 12-36 hours post trigger. I took my trigger Wednesday night. Out of curiosity I have been using opks to see what they look like and I have had strong positives Thursday, Friday, and today. Is this the result of the trigger in my system? Should we BD just in case? DH has been a trooper-back to back samples in the morning and BD last night. I've read washed sperm doesn't live as long. Am I totally overthinking this?

Re: Trigger Experience

• @kindershlitz did you feel any cramping or anything? Here's my experience - I always got a strong positive the day after trigger but I never tested beyond that. Then, I'd get strong ovulation cramping the next day. And just because I'm a total freak, I've been temping to make sure I get a rise, which I have been getting on the third day after trigger. Good luck. And good job to you DH! :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @kindershlitz ;) yes, you're totally overthinking this, nothing I haven't done too, but yes. You had back-to-back IUIs to cover your bases and BD also. You can certainly BD tonight, but there's no chance of missing a window here. This charting and temping and staring at sticks can be so stressful and tense. My doc today told me to relax, which I found somewhat comical bc if there's one thing that doesn't work it's telling people not to feel what they're feeling i.e.-'don't be mad.' 'relax' 'calm down' 'don't cry' but kindershiltz, you're good on this one. Take a breath and don't go near any sticks for a week:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. I'm sure the O must have happened. I'm sure the doctor is more knowledgable than me on timing! I didn't feel anything, much less swollen feeling than last. Maybe my body is getting used to the drugs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"