Multiples

Best breast pump for multiples?

My insurance company has a few pumps they will cover: Medela Pump in Style, Hygeia Q, Freemie, Ameda Purely Yours, and Spectra 2.
The woman working for Yummy Mummy reco'd the Hygeia Q, as it's hospital grade. I've only ever heard of Medela.
Do any of you have experience with these? Thoughts? Thank you!!

Re: Best breast pump for multiples?

• I had a hygeia, forget the type. I loved their customer service being a smaller company they sent me a new pump overnight when mine broke. The dials take getting used to to figure out optimum settings but are great once you figure out.
  • I used the Medela sat least 5x/day a day as we were exclusive pumped milk for 8 months.  I loved it, and it is east to get accessories as they are sold in BRU, BBB and Amazon.  Customer service was also amazing.  Once I dropped it and the dial broke off, they sent a new one free of charge overnight.

I also tried to get the Hygeia since it was hospital grade, but then when I put the order through, it was rejected as a special doctor's note was necessary even though it was supposedly covered.  I skipped the headache and just ordered the Medela and was very happy.

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a medela Freestyle- then went back and rented hospital grade Symphony. Just wasn't sure if I was getting enough with the freestyle, also it is designed for 1 hour day pump for a year? I knew I needed more, I was exclusively pumping with their tongue ties....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you, ladies! I think I'll get the Hygeia though insurance. A pal is giving me her barely used Medela. So, I'll have two, just in case. Maybe to leave one at work after my leave.
  • I had the Medela Freestyle with my twins and loved it.  Paid a small upgrade fee to Aeroflow Healthcare and they shipped it right out. 
  • I got a Medela pump but opted to rent a Medela symphony from the hospital instead sand only used my own when traveling. Hospital grade worked better for me, but I was exclusively pumping for 4 months after which I had to supplement a bit for the next 5.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"