Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro

Hi all

This is my first pregnancy/miscarriage. I was 10 weeks. I started spotting on Monday, but didn't think much of it. Both my mom and younger sister had their periods during their first pregnancies. I had to go to the midwife anyways on Tuesday for some blood work and mentioned it. She heard placental sounds on the Doppler (which she thought was positive) but took hcg levels just in case. Yesterday the bleeding got worse and started some mild cramping, started mildly freaking out but not over the edge yet because my sister had cramps too. Then I got my results... hcg only about 5000, which is a 5-7 week reading. I started crying before I even hung up the phone. Texted my SO that I needed him home (I couldn't talk) and he came rushing. He's also taken today and tomorrow off work.

Today is a bloody mess. I had the worst cramp of my life and 5 minutes later passed a huge piece of tissue that looked like a slug and every time I sit on the toilet blood comes rushing out (tmi sorry). I know I should call my midwife about the tissue/amount of blood but I just want to do this on my own and get through it. I don't want to go to the hospital. That's like adding insult to injury at this point.

To top it off, my older sister is due 3 weeks before I was supposed to be. My mom is on vacation. My in laws bought us a high chair that showed up yesterday (thankfully hadn't bought the crib yet). I just received flowers from my SO's work that brought me to my knees sobbing. As long as I don't think about it I'm ok, but everything seems to be mocking me.

Re: Intro

• I'm so sorry for your loss, my throughts and prayers are with you. This is such a hard thing to go through. To me it feels like everything is mocking me as well. I hope it gets easier for us all.
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    I'm so sorry for your loss :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. In my limited but recent experience, there are going to be some days where you feel at peace and okay, and then things will happen that make you just feel like garbage and that you're being mocked (for me, it was the baby pictures at my OB when I went in for my D&C referral).

Everyone's different, but it helps for me to vent to someone I love - or even on the message board.

Again so sorry that you're in this crummy situation. Sending positive vibes your way.
  • So sorry for your loss. I just went through the same thing. I wanted to miscarriage naturally and I thought I had on Wednesday. Contractions, lots of blood and clots. I almost passed out at one point from the blood loss. I went to the dr yesterday and she sent me over to the hospital for a DNC because the sac nor placenta had passed. In the end after what I had expierenced on Wednesday the DNC was the best choice for me. I will be praying for you! Ps. I also have a sister who is due 2 weeks before I would of been. As sad as I am for me I'm just as happy for her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"